You can type here any text you want

Metra 6x9 adapter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lhorn

Anyone know where I can get these? I've done a search on this site. I've called Best Buy, Circuit City, Goodguys, even the smaller car stereo only shops looking for these. Answer is uniformly the same: a puzzled look, followed by "there's no such thing- you just gotta cut the hole larger." I called Crutchfield - they are out of stock. Looked at a couple of places on the web, even the Metra website and can't find them anywhere.

GN ERGY,
Is that the PN you used? For some reason I thought they were supposed to be blue. I also thought they were a little cheaper too, but oh well.

If they don't have the Metra ask for American International (AI) 4x10 to 6x9 adapter.

Thats the part number that I used. They fit real good, had to bend the holding wire some but other than that no problems. Installed mine last wednesday. The Infinity kappas sound great.
Tarey D.

Couldn't find these things anywhere in town. Even the place the car stereo stores get there products had nothing. Finally found a place that had the American International adapter. They fit perfect. The driver side is a tighter fit bacause of the trunk lid's torsion bar. But this actually helps hold the speaker in tighter and doesn't affect the function of the speaker or trunk lid. Passenger side went in easier. No more than five minutes total to remove old speakers and mount new ones.

Back