MILLENIUM trailer...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Anyone has some experience with Millenium trailers?… I'm still in the market for a 24' trailer and had never heard from them before but a friend told me about them. I went on their site and I was looking at something similar to this one with a few changes: 2017 24' Silver Enclosed Race Car Trailer | Enclosed Trailers for Sale
Looks pretty nice to me but if I'm going to order one, there are a few changes I'd like to add like a left side escape door that goes all the way down to the floor along with a removable fender (the bottom of one shown is too high and prevents opening the car's door wide enough to get out)
rolleyes.gif
, some aluminium wall paneling instead of vinyl, 16' wheels, extruded aluminum flooring
and possibly all-aluminum construction ( not sure if they offer an aluminum frame) etc…
I filled in a form on their site with my requirements and received a quote from them for $24,300… What do you guys think?

Claude.
smile.gif

P.S: ATC is out of the question, too expensive…
clonk.gif
! I'm still waiting for a quote for a Featherlite but won't get it before January but I expect it to be as much as the ATC. Also, I am supposed to meet a Haulmark salesman next week so I'll see what they have...
________

Last edited:
I was considering a trailer with living space in the front. The rep was good and they weren't pushy. I didn't order one but am still thinking about it.

Right now, I have this models in mind: a Millenium 24' model 8524TA3 shown in the link in the initial post…

Claude. :)

2017_24_Silver_Enclosed_Race_Car_Trailer_tVslhY.jpg

Last edited:
Featherlite has been and will be my first choice. Have one with over 1,000,000 miles on it and still going strong. Innitec (sp?) has cought my eye though....

Also, have an ATC 2 car that is constantly having to be rewelded and repaired, and a cheap Lark that so far has been pretty solid, but it's steel. From what I've heard is Lark is the same group that ran Pace before they were bought out and cheapened out.

Featherlite has been and will be my first choice. Have one with over 1,000,000 miles on it and still going strong. Innitec (sp?) has cought my eye though....

Also, have an ATC 2 car that is constantly having to be rewelded and repaired, and a cheap Lark that so far has been pretty solid, but it's steel. From what I've heard is Lark is the same group that ran Pace before they were bought out and cheapened out.
I'll be going on a trip in the US next spring and might stop in Indianapolis to see the Milleniums…That will surely help me to make a final decision before I purchase.

Claude. ;)

Last edited:
To be fair, it's an older ATC, back when it seems that everyone was saying they had welding problems, not getting good enough penetration with the welds. Our trailer probably falls in that era. They have seemed to have gotten it fixed. Another thing I don't like about it is it has a wood floor which is starting to rot. The FL is ALL aluminum, plus it has little design features that you notice and go, man, that's nice, or man that's smart way to do that.

Don't get me wrong, the newer ATC's are very nice looking. They seem to focus on mainly enclosed car trailers and you can tell from all the bells and whistles they offer whereas FL started with horse trailers and just in the past few years started making theirs available with lots of options.

I bought a new Millenium 24' V-nose trailer in May and have put a few thousand miles on it. Other then a few minor issues it seems to be well built and tows well.

I bought a new Millenium 24' V-nose trailer in May and have put a few thousand miles on it. Other then a few minor issues it seems to be well built and tows well.
Did you buy yours from their Indianapolis location?…and if "yes", did you pick it up yourself?

Claude.:)

I bought it out of Indy and had it delivered to SC. They threw in the delivery to make the sale.

Millennium Trailers are a mid level trailer made by Vintage Trailers. At the end of the line, a Millennium Trailer sticker is slapped on.

How much are you looking to spend? Do you want steel or aluminum?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Millennium Trailers are a mid level trailer made by Vintage Trailers. At the end of the line, a Millennium Trailer sticker is slapped on.

How much are you looking to spend? Do you want steel or aluminum?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Thanks Billy for your reply. Even if it would be nice to have an all-aluminum trailer, it's not an absolute must for me but more a question of good sense. It's like someone buying a loaded Cadillac knowing a "plain jane" Chevy is plenty good to do the job. I could pay $30,000. US for an all-aluminum ATC or Featherlite but I don't think it would be a wise decision because right now with the exchange rate in Canada being close to 35% :rolleyes: would drive the price up in the $40,000. range. Then you gotta add another 15% sales tax (federal + provincial sales taxes :mad:) for a grand total of 46,575. (Canadian dollars) !:hungover:…no way.:sour:
If I go with the Millenium, (which I'm aware is not aluminum but would still fill my needs), the asking price is $16,819.US which is about $22,705. CAN, + the 15% sales tax equals $26,111.50. CAN which is a whopping $20.000 less than an equally equipped ATC or Featherlite aluminum trailer!… I send Millenium an e-mail for more info on this black 24' http://inventory.milltrailers.com/2017-24-new-millennium-extreme-race-trailer-o75b.html which I really like and waiting for a reply from them.
Thanks,

Claude. ;)

Last edited:
Being a black trailer, I would look into a .050 skin as the metal will move around a lot, look wavy from the heat.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You know ATC makes steel trailers too right? It will still be more expensive but I'm sure the craftsmanship quality would be superior. I would at least price the option. To compare an aluminum fully loaded ATC to a budget brand steel just makes no sense. I've owned and pulled many trailers cheap junk all the way to the $40k ATC. They all have a place for sure. As you've stated you don't see a need for the quality and expense of an ATC or Featherlight.

Things I would not negotiate on no matter the brand.

1. Dexter torsion axles 1 step heavier than you think you need

2. Axles need to be cross drilled for easy greasing. I think they call it EZ Lube. Forget Buddy bearings. They are garbage

3. No adjust (auto adjusting) brakes.

4. Screwless exterior paneling.

5. Aluminum wheels (first thing on a trailer to start looking like shit)

6. 1 piece solid roof paneling.

7. All LED exterior lighting

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah they look pretty much the same… Also Bravo trailers look very similar too… I wonder if all three brands could be built by the same manufacturer?…

Claude.