You can type here any text you want

Missing RPO sticker?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I looked at an '87 GN for sale yesterday and it's a nice car and a reasonable deal but there are a couple things that bother me.

1. Trunk lid is missing the RPO sticker. There is nothing under the trunk lid, it's just black. I see the car has been repainted, but I'm wondering why this sticker would be removed. However, the seller does have the original window sticker from when the car was new.

2. Engine block is painted red. It seems to run fine, but again the seller doesn't know why it's this way. He says he bought it like that. There also seems to be a lot of extra wires running around under the hood, and relays.

Other than that the car seems to be really solid, no rust, clean interior and it drives really nice.

I'm new to the Turbo Regal scene and I'm just a little unsure as to how to proceed here. I'm not trying to buy a show car, but I don't want something that's all hacked up either.

Oh, and also it has this "Applied Technologies Injector Driver" box mounted to the front radiator support. Anyone know what this is all about?

It sounds to me like it was repainted. One mistake I made when i repainted my car was not saving the rpo sticker on the original trunk. Mine was solid but the paint was checked so bad it needed to be replaced. I replaced it with a perfect, already black trunk lid. I threw the other truck lid away. I have the original window sticker though. And I think I may even have the build sheet.

If th seller has the window sticker then its not as bad maybe the paint shop just removed the rpo sticker during the repaint. That's what happened to my former Monte SS when I had it repainted. Just make sure the car wasnt involved in a rear end collision.

Back