You can type here any text you want

Mixing poly body mounts with rubber mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

Has anyone used a combination of poly and rubber body mount in their street/strip GN, if so what was your results ? I am thinking about using poly upper and lower body mounts in position 1 & 7, then use rubber upper body mounts in position 2,3,4 & 6 with poly lowers and also use a rubber GNX mount in position 5. I am trying to duplicate the handling characteristics of the poly with out the annoying vibration that is associated with them. Do you think this approach will accomplish this ? Thanks, Kyle.

run the stiffest mounts you can find, then tune the bad vibes out with shocks..

Sounds like a good idea and dont see a reason it wouldnt work with rubber on the uppers. However, Ive had the Energy poly body mounts for over 6 years now and dont have any vibrations. It was actually the best thing Ive ever done to the car. Running Bilsteins and the car rides, handles great. Another bonus of the poly is they dont squish over time like the factory rubber. Like I said, over 6 years now and they look like new.

Sounds like a good idea and dont see a reason it wouldnt work with rubber on the uppers. However, Ive had the Energy poly body mounts for over 6 years now and dont have any vibrations. It was actually the best thing Ive ever done to the car. Running Bilsteins and the car rides, handles great. Another bonus of the poly is they dont squish over time like the factory rubber. Like I said, over 6 years now and they look like new.
I agree that the poly mounts were a huge improvement in the handling department, but I did notice a little more vibration though. I installed them about 5 years ago and didn't really mind then, but now it's becoming annoying, boy I must be getting old lol. So I am trying to duplicate the handling of the poly with the smooth ride of the rubber, if at all is possiable. I am also running Bilstien shocks for 7 years now, someone told me they are stiff shocks and recommended I try the KYB. Thanks, Kyle

Yes, the Bilsteins can be a bit harsh on rough roads. Luckily the roads Im usually on are pretty smooth. One thing I did change after going with the poly mounts was to remove the rear cargo springs for stock springs. That helped to soften the ride up. I think rubber in the 5, 6, 7 positions would give the most benefit for what youre looking for. I say go for it, could give you the perfect balance.

Are you running poly engine/trans mounts by any chance? I did notice a ton of vibration with those and took them out for factory rubber style mounts.

Yes, the Bilsteins can be a bit harsh on rough roads. Luckily the roads Im usually on are pretty smooth. One thing I did change after going with the poly mounts was to remove the rear cargo springs for stock springs. That helped to soften the ride up. I think rubber in the 5, 6, 7 positions would give the most benefit for what youre looking for. I say go for it, could give you the perfect balance.

Are you running poly engine/trans mounts by any chance? I did notice a ton of vibration with those and took them out for factory rubber style mounts.
Yeah I had the poly engine/trans mount too but removed them for the factory style mounts. When I removed the poly engine mounts most of the vibration was eliminated, but I haven't driven the car yet since I removed the poly trany mount to see if that has changed anything.

Back