You can type here any text you want

Mods For The 2004 Drag Racing Season

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I am wanting to make my TTA faster for this next racing season. With the following mods my car has run 11.79 @ 114.7 with a 60' of 1.61.

7 position Caspers "Ultra Chip"
TA49 Turbo
36# injectors
Walbro 340 Fuel Pump
Action Fab 3” downpipe
freeflowing exhaust with testpipe
62mm throttle body
ported plenum
1" plenum spacer
adj fuel pressure regulator
ATR bleed valve to control boost
PTS 9/11 Torque Converter (Stalls at 3400)
LT1 MAF Sensor
Translator Plus
K&N 8" Air Filter on 3" Stainless Steel MAF pipe
110# valve springs
BFG Drag Radials on the stock rims
Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm
Global West Subframe Connectors
Spohn Adj Panhard Rod
Spohn Lower Control Arms
On the street I run 92 Chevron unleaded premium
At the strip I run Sunoco NOS Supreme Racing Fuel (117 octane)

At the strip my fuel pressure is set at 45#'s with the vaccum off and I run 21-23 #'s of boost. I have run with the #5 chip which gives me 22 degrees of advance at WOT and knock retard usually never exceeds 2-3 degrees.

I am considering going to a TA 60 turbo with MSD 50# fuel injectors and using the extender prom chip. I may also go to the Terry Houston downpipe later in the summer but the first three are what I am definitely considering. I am open for comments and/or suggestions.

I'd get a TE61 and the 50's/57's/60's they now sell. You have the converter.. why not really use it.

Leave the downpipe alone. And your knock is probably coming from to hot of an air charge coming out of that stock IC.

Do you have direct scan to monitor your runs? This may be a good investment becuase it allows your chip maker a visual of the car going down the track.

The rest looks great.. work on getting the MPH up.. the rest will follow.

HTH

Thanks for your comments. If I am not mistaken the extender chip is good for up to 50# injectors. Wouldn't there be a driveability problem with the #57 or #60 injectors.

For what ever reason my boost isn't rock steady through out a quartermile run. It can fluctuate 3-4 #'s, so I am thinking that there may be something gone wrong with the wastegate/bleed valve setup.

I don't have Direct Scan, but I do have Turbo Link.

I run 50's on mine, I only mention the larger inj becuase they are now available. Contact Bailey see if he now offers a larger injector chip.

So I dont know specifics on the inj deal.

T-link is ok. Just that you car gets faster, and you have less to look at in a run :D

I received some technical advice from Precision Turbo and their suggestion for turbocharger selection would be a PT-61 P trim and 65# high impedance fuel injectors. Any comments or suggestions on their recommendation?

I am focused on purchasing the PT61 P-Trim turbo and 65# high impedence fuel injectors for my application. My question now is what A/R should I select, .63 or .83 ? Being a newby, I am not sure which one to choose, so any advice would be most appreciated.

Get the .63 Mark.

I told you I found the problem right? If not it was the FP gauge line rubbing on the fire wall:eek: now no more damn noise.

when are you going to the track? I'm thinking maybe this weekend. Let me know and as far as a turbo I would get a big shaft turbo and buy once with the 65's will work great. The big shaft turbos are almost same price as the 61. As far as a chip pony up and get the ME chip best out there and tons of tune ability I'll help ya dial it in.

Dan

Thanks for your advice. I hope to go to the track for the first time...maybe Sunday, 5/30 or Monday 5/31, depending on the family situation. Since I run 11.99 and under I need to get an IHRA license and have downloaded, completed and mailed the forms into the IHRA. Do you have your license? If you don't they may not let you run in the competition classes until you get one. This IHRA license requirement is new for 2004...at least at Ak Raceway Park.

I do want to see what kind of numbers your GN will run will your new mods...say hello to high tens!

Back