You can type here any text you want

Monkeystomped an integra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
a couple weeks ago i was out late night in houstons race sceen (home of the imports) and not really looking for a race, but just cruising around in the GN. i stop for a light on crossing 1960 going away from tha mall and a white acura integra pulls up with M/T's up front. im thinking to myself "13 000$ in his motor vs. my 500$... this is gonna suck". were waiting for the go and this kid must have been revving to the governor. well the light turns green and he dumps it while i burn out though the intersection(dont ever buy road huggers). he instantly got a good 3 lengths on me, i think to myself "if i loose im gonna kick my own a$$ later".i look at his lead and he isnt backing up that launch by going any faster;im on his a$$ like hair on a gorrilla! pass him up at 55 mph and put five cars on him by 85-90. later that night i talk to him about his car. get this, the only mods he had done were M/T slicks and am ACT clutch rated at 200% over stock. he had me at the intersection but i monkeystomped him 100 feet later!
thats what happens when you mess w/ tha big dogs>;)

Good kill Slimtastic. My brother in law has one of those Integra Type R's. It's pretty quick- for a Honda. Even with nitrous, it is still no match for a TR

Originally posted by slimtastic
im thinking to myself "13 000$ in his motor vs. my 500$... this is gonna suck".
Lol, why were you thinking that?! I guess Houston is a little different than here in Orlando, cause even if you can SEE thousands of dollars invested in a Honda, 95% of the time the car still has no power.

Nice kill man. You know with those Integras you need a bigger clutch and some sticky tires for those torque monster engines. I didn't think those things could even spin the stock fronts unless you let the clutch out at 12000 rpms or something.

At least the guy was cool about it and chatted with you about his car, and didn't pull any BS like "My NAWS wasn't working."

Originally posted by cyabye
Good kill Slimtastic. My brother in law has one of those Integra Type R's. It's pretty quick- for a Honda. Even with nitrous, it is still no match for a TR

I have an Integra R. You can beat the snot out of my stock 14 sec pass and I can do circles around you with my stock .91 g's. So, what's the better car? I see it as the man or woman with both wins :p

As far as the kill.... modded 3.8 turbo vs. stock 1.8 N/A.... no contest, but you should have torn him out of the hole though :D

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Good job. When's that intercooler going in?
the intercooler is already on the car but as is its only dead weight. later tonight im gonna finish grinding the rest of the stock battery mount....and then its play time;)

Re: Re: Monkeystomped an integra

Originally posted by BlackBeauty

Lol, why were you thinking that?! I guess Houston is a little different than here in Orlando,
now granted in houston 85-90% of ricers are just a bunch of stickers and bike ramps on their trunks, but the rest(10-15%) would typically yeild around 13 grand in a honda car(i know this because i've gotten beaten by a 2.2 h22 out of japan with a custom twin turbo setup).

Originally posted by Motorsports
I have an Integra R. You can beat the snot out of my stock 14 sec pass and I can do circles around you with my stock .91 g's. So, what's the better car?

When you're lined up at the stoplight with another car whose driver is "game", how well your car handles doesn't matter. How many miles per gallon it gets is irrelevant. All that matters is your horsepower per pound ratio and how well you can get it to the ground. Your only goal at that point is to get ahead and stay ahead of the other car. And if that didn't matter to ricers, then why do they bother to try to race?

Originally posted by lyonsd

When you're lined up at the stoplight with another car whose driver is "game", how well your car handles doesn't matter. How many miles per gallon it gets is irrelevant. All that matters is your horsepower per pound ratio and how well you can get it to the ground. Your only goal at that point is to get ahead and stay ahead of the other car. And if that didn't matter to ricers, then why do they bother to try to race?

You missed my point, sorry about that. I was trying to say that a GN will always beat an Integra (even the "R") in a straight line and the Integra will walk all over the GN on some curves. I was trying to get you to think about the purpose of each car.

The fact that a "ricer" would drag against a GN is beyond me. Maybe out of sheer stupidity or maybe to see in person how fast the turbo buick really is.

Just a thought.

You missed my point, sorry about that. I was trying to say that a GN will always beat an Integra (even the "R") in a straight line and the Integra will walk all over the GN on some curves. I was trying to get you to think about the purpose of each car.

a TR with minor suspension mods (aka the right ones) can handle pretty good youd be suprised.. as long as you dont have a 3600lb 87 GN or some bs... a 3100lb 84 T with bushings, gta wheels, bilstiens, junkyard swaybars, box the control arms.. maybe big brake upgrade (better spindles)... run pretty good around corners..

just that most people roll around on 15" dubbs with 65 series tires.. not the best for 'handling'

And you missed my point, but I'm not sorry.

When two cars are lined up and ready to run, their "purpose" is irrelevant. To bring it up is just excuse-making.

In other words, the fact that an Integra will "walk all over the GN in some curves" doesn't amount to a hill of beans when the two cars are lined up at the stoplight.

yea who races side by side around corners on the street anyway .. even scca stuff is one at a time.. ;)

easier to make a buick handle than to make an import fast.. wayyy easier

I get the point...thats why I'm getting a GN :D ... So i can have some stoplight fun! People do race on curves though. I've killed from a BMW to a Stingray on the streets. :cool:

Here's another thing to look at. I can put $2000 into my current car and make it a higher 13 sec ride. That's easy speed! But...it's not as easy as a boost controller and a few small goodies ;)

I guess I'm just saying that it's not a respectable kill and the other driver is just dumb to "play with the big boys". thats all.

respect.

I get the point...thats why I'm getting a GN :D ... So i can have some stoplight fun! People do race on curves though. I've killed from a BMW to a Stingray on the streets. :cool:

Here's another thing to look at. I can put $2000 into my current car and make it a higher 13 sec ride. That's easy speed! But...it's not as easy as a boost controller and a few small goodies ;)

I guess I'm just saying that it's not a respectable kill and the other driver is just dumb to "play with the big boys". thats all.

respect.

Well said and good luck with your upcoming TR purchase:cool:

Type R's are built from the ground up. The engine is an insane blueprintred engine. It really is an amazing car.

About the post about just wanting to see how fast a TR is in real life, I can relate.
When I had my old 86 Trans Am (that was smashed last weekend by a drunk driver... thank god the kid I sold it to didn't get hurt by the dumb a$$) that still had the pretty much stock 305 TPI in it, I picked a race with a modded cyclone. I knew i would lose and the woman driving the cyclone was laughing at me. That was fine I wanted to see it move. Oh and it moved to. Had me by a car length at about 30' and buy the time we hit 60 I would say 6 or 8 car lengths. Sad part was I dont even think she gave me WOT for more than 1st gear.
Though I got to see it move :)

Back