You can type here any text you want

Monte Carlo exterior rear view mirrors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Does someone know if it's possible to install some monte Carlo mirrors on Regals? I like the more .pointed" shape of them over the "round" ones of the Regals… I'm not sure but the base (where it bolts to the door) looks different…
Claude.
Like these:
1987_chevrolet_monte_carlo_ls_coupe_2___door_4___3l_1_lgw 2.jpg IMG_12531-1200x800.jpg

Yes it's been done before. I like them too. I like the more forward position also which requires filling the existing holes and making new ones... one of my future plans....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"requires filling the existing holes and making new ones…"
Mmmm… :( I was hoping that they would have bolted on without any drilling or anything else... A friend told me that the bases are different but, does someone know if a base from a Regal mirror be used on the Monte Carlo mirror?…and one more question… is the angle in which the mirror sits on the door the same between the two mirrors? If "yes" how do you pull out the cable and reinstall it after having swapped the bases?

Claude

Mmmm… :( I was hoping that they would have bolted on without any drilling or anything else... A friend told me that the bases are different but, does someone know if a base from a Regal mirror be used on the Monte Carlo mirror?…and one more question… is the angle in which the mirror sits on the door the same between the two mirrors? If "yes" how do you pull out the cable and reinstall it after having swapped the bases?

Claude

I believe they will bolt on, I just find, for aesthetic reasons, that they look better pushed more forward to the a-pillar, similar to the MCSS location. The angles line up better. I hate how are mirrors are so far back, looks odd.

They bolt right on. I put them on mine. I do agree to a point that they would look more at home pushed forward. I also feel like they lend themselves to being a more pro-touring look. I do love them, but I feel with larger wheels and dropped a bit they would "blend" in or fit the car better, if that makes sense

883829_10203035367753006_1242561334_o.jpg1492327_10203035368033013_221054575_o.jpg1540566_10203035368233018_862655762_o.jpg

I have some for mine but need to paint them and get the holes filled....

Holes drilled? I thought they "bolted right up"

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

They do... I want to move mine forward like the montes to line up with the A-pillar

Oh ok, thanks for the clarity. Are the monte carlo mirrors bigger than the regals?

Yes as pictured above... they look more proportional in my opinion... they should have come on our cars

Lol my bad. That pic didn't download when i first saw it. Now that i see it, they are way bigger. I wish our cars wouldve had the monte's ss gauge cluster also

I have been on this mission for a long time.
But i want power mirrors.
So i have been looking for F body mirrors (same shape as MC)

Wow didnt know that. What year fbody(s)

Like a 94? Because i just seen one at the salvage yard

I know gen3s like the IROC body style... you will know when you see them... it's pretty apparent

Back