You can type here any text you want

mopar killed me!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

matt87

well it was the usual scene at the street races, everyone standing around yaking but to shy to call anyone out. me being not shy picked on the top dog. this top dog was a yellow 64-66? charger. full weight car with a 468 cube built by reid's performance in mass. this guys car is no secret and is very fast to the tune of 10.40s on motor and 9.70 on jug. i also knew he hasnt run spay in a few years so i wasnt worried about that. he was on mccreary street slicks and me on et streets. i though that the launch may be my only advantage. i've never been to the track with my new combo but it was set up with c-16, 25 psi and race timing. it was humid and hot but it wasnt throwing any fits. so after a bit more yaking i calle him out. everyone was shocked that i would even try as there were plenty of very fast stanges that wouldnt race him. so we lined up and i did my burnout, he did a few dry hops. i tooted my horn to the count of three and we both left hard. my boost spiked at 30 psi before being nudged back down to 25 psi. it was pretty even till maybe the half way point when he put about three cars on me. i was pretty happy to even done that good. so we went back and hung out and he turned out to be a very nice guy.

Must have been a 66' cuz that was the first year for them.Was he running a stroked Hemi,if so that could explain the massive power he has.Those 66-67's are awesome looking from the front and especially the rear, but the profile could be better and the interiors were some of the coolest and nicest in the 60's IMO! Me and a freind ran around with a 66 in high school and it had a 383 Big Block in it,this was when GN's were brand new cars.That 66 was quick but we were lucky not to run into any GN's:D

It's getting easier and easier to get good numbers out of the Mopar engines and keep their streetability. There are a number of people that I can think of off hand who have 10 second rides that they drive to the track.
Regardless, it's always interesting to see how your stuff compares with the big boys.

Matt, where in the world are you hanging out?? I live in attleboro and would drive very far to see some stages and your car! I admit my ws-6 TA is no match for a hot-air car lol but i do miss my 87 t-type and seeing some turbo buicks would be sweet. Let me know where you go to cruise. Thanks, -mike

Mike, we have a few spots we alternate as to not get caught. we mostly race on rt.37 in warwick ri. we hang out at The Driver Seat, the manager also races with us so its ok to hang at the shop with out harrasment. the guy i raced cam down from attlebourgh and his friends cars are wickedly fast too.

The driver seat near providence? There was a sweet GN in the showroom there for awhile, had cotton stickers on it too. I've seen the car at the sam's club car shows on rt. 6 in Seekonk I believe. Next time you hang out shoot me an email if you want. mhaskell@juno.com Also i have two large boxs of turbo buick parts if you want to look through them let me know. -mike

In south carolina, there was a kid with a '69 roadrunner beater with an chrysler imperial 440 with a cam, headers and a manifold/carb that he drove every day and it ran 10.80's@123 on the bottle. Some mopar guys are are clowns that talk a good game, but there are many that know what they are doing.

Mike, that GN in The Drivers Seat was Matt87's. He had it there for the winter. Sweet car isn't it!

Jacob

Yeah i was very impressed with the car. The guy that works there ,brian ,is a pretty cool guy sometimes too. Couldnt get a straight answer out of him about the cost of the GN or what it ran though :) Does he have his Ford done yet? I'll probably be at sams club this weekend if you are there i'll say hi. -Mike Haskell

come down and buy it! i'll make you a good deal! its in the cars for sale forum.

Back