You can type here any text you want

More knock with Power Plate installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Anyone ever had a problem with slightly more knock at wot with the power plate? This is at stock boost levels on pump gas 93.

Did you drill the hole for the EGR? I put my power plate on and I saw a decrease in knock at slightly more boost levels. At "stock" boost level you shouldn't have any knock on 93 octane. Is the stock chip in?? Are you sure it is not false knock?? Look for the downpipe hitting the frame. Try adding higher octane gas-- like race gas and leave the boost level and see if it goes away to check for false knock. Good luck.
Murt
TTA #750

Found out what the problem was. The fuel pressure was set to low. Brought it up to 45 with the line on and it went away.

Originally posted by trading t/a
Found out what the problem was. The fuel pressure was set to low. Brought it up to 45 with the line on and it went away.

I think ya mean 45 line "OFF"..45 line on is like 52 static :rolleyes:

No I set it at 45 line on. Still runs lean up top(according to the o2 voltage 500's) when I set it to 45 static and runs very rich at idle or tip in(according to blms 90-98 but o2 voltage is around 740 -780mv). The only thing that is left is the chip. Only way to see everything going on is direct scan which I don't have. Maybe for christmas I'll treat myself.

However I am finally figuring out the extender a little. It lets you adjust the fuel in the blm cell during spool up, can lock lean cruise in od and either lock it in open loop or closed loop.. Now no more gradual boost and can build 4-5 psi while brake spooling. It has enough fuel pressure up top just not getting the o2's where it should be. It's hard to tell cause the chip locks the INT and BLM @ 128 more than 1/2 throttle. I will try the thrasher chip and see what she does then.

The EGR is turned off in the chip so the hole doesn't matter, but thanx for the suggestion.

Pete

Originally posted by trading t/a
The EGR is turned off in the chip so the hole doesn't matter, but thanx for the suggestion.

Pete

But, exhaust back pressure can open it at WOT.

Even if it is blocked by the power plate? Plus it is inoperable in the ECM if it were to recirculate the exhaust the ecm wouldn't bother looking at it right! Or am I way off here.

Pete

Might want to change your fuel filter if you haven't done so recently. A dirty one can play havoc with your fuel pressure and its a cheap fix :)

Back