You can type here any text you want

more proof alky works

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
This wasnt a TTA its my nephews GN with Razors old SMC kit on it. The car went 11.78 on straight pump gas and alky saturday. This car has only a few mods: turbo, convertor, injectors, t-plus, chip, and exhaust. All stock 110,000 mile long block with newer valve springs.

I know 11.78 isnt an awesome time slip, but considering the high mileage GN with a few used bolt ons and pump gas in the tank..... I say the kid did a good job.

This was also done with a non lock up convertor.

Jason

heres the money in the car:

used SMC kit: $200
used T63E: $600
used art carr 9" 3200 n/l: $350
used msd 50's, extender chip, T-plus, 3.5" maf: $450
used down pipe, deltagate, home made single shot: $250
new valve springs: $40
used slicks: $80
walbro 340, hot wire kit, k&n cone filter, and adjustable fp regulator came with the car.

Next up for the car is a home made liquid IC. After that it will be home ported heads and intake if the head gaskets ever let go.

Jason

Not bad Jason,esp for the low $$$$.I see alot of your old parts in there;)

Good to know you didnt drop off the face of the earth,lol.:D

I ASSume that was on the stock,unmodded IC???

Yes I'm still alive man. I've been either busy or enjoying the Harley. I'm kind of pist off over my car getting hurt at the nats. I wanted a 10.XX w/o getting into the motor. That F'n tranny made me loose my head gasket, and since the heads are off they are getting worked over. I had ALOT of indecision over what to do on the heads. I felt like I was robbed of the 10.xx, but I also felt it would be really stupid not to port the heads and stuff since I do it my self. If I was a guy who was looking at $1200 to go to ported heads then I would have just done the gaskets. STILL it was a hard decision to make.

Yeah The nephew runs alot of my old parts. Its a really good deal for him because he knows for sure how old they are and all that stuff. You know that 63 turbo and a Art Carr 16930 tc from Cotton's just seams to be a good time slip combo. The IC is the stock one the IC we are working on is the one I offered to make you for the price of the parts. This is my own idea and I want to see it done. This IC should be as good or better for HP than just about any thing out there and the kid is going to have around $500 in it. The old Mark Jackson air to air IC's where very effective and they where one and a half stock IC's welded together with a slightly larger neck on it. This IC will be using two full stock cores and a neck thats about 5 times larger than a duttwieller neck. The cores will be incased and a pair of high flow Johnsons pumps will be pumping ice water through them. The storage tank is one of those custom 5 gallon fuel cells that fits in the spare tire well. There will also be a HX in the system for street mode.

I am also working with a guy on a very radical alky injection set up. If this set up goes on my nephews car then we will be looking at going for some nasty pump gas and stock long block time slips.

take care: Jason

Originally posted by postal

I am also working with a guy on a very radical alky injection set up. If this set up goes on my nephews car then we will be looking at going for some nasty pump gas and stock long block time slips.

take care: Jason

Ah ha... where's the popcorn.. details..

:D

How about 32 psi on 91 octane and methanol and only 5.2º of KR!
Last week I did this with my TTA due to an over adjusted WG rod...long story. Anyhow, the motor is still tight and ran like a top the rest of the day....

Back