You can type here any text you want

More SM readings...again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jurassic five 7

Well, I've finally let it rip with my T-Type. The result...not so happy.

It's running rich, and spooling slooooow.

I turned the fuel pressure down a little, but dont know how much i should turn it down to have it spool faster. The previous owner said to turn it down because when he had it, it spooled quick and burnt the tires off easy but he didnt touch the fuel pressure since he blew the HG a year ago, but for me...it's well spooling slow, it was slower before i turned it down, but it's still not fast.

Here are my SM readings. I do have DS hooked up also.

These readings are in idle, after a few WOT runs.

AF 42
L8 37
bat 13.7
INT 128
BL 123
clt 176
ats 135
r 800
tps .44
iac (wont read on SM, but DS does) 41
pl 1.0
sp 65

My air fuel ratio is 13.9:1 at idle. And DS says it's rich.

Fuel pressure is 44 static, i turned it down from about 48.

I do have a EGT gauge, but havent pluged it in yet, it's a hand held one.

Please help me out with tuning this beast. What do I need to do to get this thing spooling fast? It's a TE-62 with a Neal Chance 3000+ convertor.

I'm a newbie at tuning these cars, so bare with me.

Thanks everyone,

Adam

slow spool up

Hi,
Well, turbo wise, you are out of my league. Big ones make for slower spin initially. All you have to go on is what the last owner said. What are you running for an intercooler? If it's some front mount monster,you can expect a little delay in the action, so to speak.What about the exhaust side of the equation?Any obstructions will slow the action down. Your scanner data looks pretty good, in my experience. Does the car run strong after catching it's breath?As always, more information would be nice.

well, sadly it's the stock intercooler. The previous owner hade a the Duttweiler BigNeck on there, but I didnt feel like dishing out the extra dough to get it. The downpipe is a home-made one, with a single shot exhaust and electric cut-out.

I know a bigger turbo will spool slower, but the previous owner said it'd spool quick.

I just want this ole girl to run like it did when he had it, but it isnt and i need help. :frown:

-Adam

Hi,
Well,it still seems that we have limited possibilities here.Stock intercooler with lots of turbo and injector equals trouble, sag city.

Are the WG hoses still hooked up "factory" with the plastic restrictor piece on there, or did someone hook it up tuner style?

Back