More suspension upgrade info/FYI's

One of the Monte SS guys suggested them to me. They are rated at 138lb/in and ride height is near stock (I still have a slight downward rake to the front but the springs still havent settled)

GNVAIR,

I need stiffer springs that keep the exact same ride hieght as stock suspension. I have been looking into it and all these charts confuse me with the stock ride height, and height with the same height as stock and ect.....

gonna use a set of adjustable upper contol arms and SSM lift bars(i think) BTW, i can tell you that poly bushings really suck for daily driving cars. I had 3 people on the back end of the car and it only moved like 1.5"s at most, stupid bushing bind.

Basicly want a daily driver that i can take to the track and hook it up. As for harsh drivability on the road, anything has to better than poly bushings!

bump steer...

I read through Jeff's center link modification..but wondered...

If the steering links are out of alignment or have been corrected? Squaring the box formed by the steering arm, idler arm and the drag link will reduce or eliminate bump steer.

I would suggest plunking down more $$ on tires. Bridgestone Potnenza S-03's will rip the Kumhos a new one and are about $50 more per tire. Truly worth the additional expenditure as they rate nearly as high as an AutoCross only tire with minimal tread depth.

My friend ran his S-03's at an AutoX 1 month ago and blew away many guys with dedicated AutoX tires. He is a good driver.... but the tires were a large part of it.

tirerack.com has the best pricing with no taxes. But you must pay shipping.

-GNX7
S-03 245/45/16's out back on my car

The Kumhos work for me gnx7, but thanks for your $.02
As for the rear bushings, I can highly recommend the 1LE bushings as they can be used to replace all 8 rear control arm bushings. I did this on my car and have absolutely no wheel hop.....EVER! The GM part# is 10164152
Dan, I havent experienced an ill effects from bump steer. Jeff Davidson's mod is definitely ingenious, but I am happy with the way mine turned out.