Most Desirable GN?

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
I've decided to finally get a GN, now that I can afford one. The year really doesn't matter to me, as long as it's an 86 or 87. I would like one that is fairly optioned out. This car will see daily driving, and sit out in the elements. Which body configuration is better, the hardtop or the t-top? This car will see primarily street driving. Looking for one in the 6K range. Right now, I am exploring my options. Hope to have one by Sept. Any opinions appreciated. TIA

Scott

A hardtop is less prone to annoying wind noise and body flex, but t-tops are more fun but heavy and hard for one person to put in the bags, and may fly out and crash if you forget to latch them. They also cause sun fading, and destroy sunvisors, but you can tint them or install headliner inserts. I've never had any experience with a sunroof G-body but i like the one in my Bonneville.

t tops are a lot of fun, especially in the summer when you nail it and get the wind in your face. they will eventually fade stuff, but if you do as brian said and tint the hell out of them, you should be ok. they are a pain when it comes to a good seal though. we still have to fix the seal on ours. i haven't had too much of a problem with wind noise though.

hmm 6 grand sounds like it will get you a hard top 86-87 with no options and HIGH miles, or maby a hot air. i payed 10 for mine and it had 140k or so on it but it was in decent shape with the basic upgrades.

Hey man, both spaces in the garage are taken. I don't make enough money to buy a GN and then build a garage to keep it in. I mean, even UPS doesn't pay that much.

:rolleyes:

Scott