You can type here any text you want

MOTEC users

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MIB

How are you setting up your 2-steps? I would prefer a 3 step but 2 step would be good. Are you using aftermarket ignition boxes?

Only guy I know of using this is Len Freeman.

get it to work? are you using m48?

Yes :D. I haven't made the switch yet. I have been trying to gather as much info as I can before I start. I am not sure what parts would be required. I am using the stock ignition system. I would like to use just the Motec box but the folks at Motec haven't called me back yet to let me know if it's possible. Marc

I figured out how to install the 2-step :D. I ended up using one of the digital inputs. I just need to figure out the rise rate. I am not sure how many rpms per second to set the rise to. The overrun boost is another nice feature. I used it for a quick spool up while on the brake. I am still learning. The car sounds like a evil machine gun on the transbrake with extra fuel and firing of cylinders every other stroke.

I figured out how to install the 2-step :D. I ended up using one of the digital inputs. I just need to figure out the rise rate. I am not sure how many rpms per second to set the rise to. The overrun boost is another nice feature. I used it for a quick spool up while on the brake. I am still learning. The car sounds like a evil machine gun on the transbrake with extra fuel and firing of cylinders every other stroke.
we have not been using the rise rate untill now. it is not needed to run the 2 step. motec has an ignition box or we used MSD al-7 both need a distributor. which will make more power

we have not been using the rise rate untill now. it is not needed to run the 2 step. motec has an ignition box or we used MSD al-7 both need a distributor. which will make more power

I am trying to keep the AC on my car. To maximize the cars potential, I would love to make the switch to distributor. I may just go that route.

Len,

What functions do you use for quick spool-up?
when were not running in PSCA, i use nitrous to spool. (i have a loose converter for to run in PSCA 10.5 outlaw) kenny told me you cant use the boost builder with an auto trans. i dont know much about the over run boost. did you try it with the converter loaded on the transbrake?

I tried to spool up on the transbrake/convertor. Car spools quick but I think it could be faster. The overboost/anti lag from what the folks at motec told me dumps extra fuel into the pipes and then computer fires the cylinder every other stroke. It works well so far. It almost seems as if makes my car overshoot my target boost so I know it's not right yet. Thanks for answering my question.

Back