Motels / Trailers Minin Nats.

G McCall

I'll try a new post here and ask for a list of the best Motels that might accomadate car trailers for the mini nationals in SA this year. Anyone check this out yet ?

re:

Well there is a dirt pad area in the front area of the Alamo that they may allow trailers to park in. I would call and ask. Plus the Comfort has a lot next to them where big rigs park but it's not part of the Comfort. I'd say call 'em and explain the situation and find out if the Alamo will allow trailer parking in that pad area 1st.

There may be some other options in Seguin proper. That's just the ones along I-10 near Seguin.

TurboTR

Originally posted by G McCall
I'll try a new post here and ask for a list of the best Motels that might accomadate car trailers for the mini nationals in SA this year. Anyone check this out yet ?

Greg, I and a few others have made rez's at the Alamo Country Inn!

All I can say is they better make room, because were comin! :D

re:

Went by the Alamo again last night. If they will allow parking trailers in that pad area I think that will be the stuff.

TurboTR

Greg-
When i made my rez at Alamo last week, the lady i talked to said trailer parking should be no problem. All rooms face the parking lot, so i intend to park mine facing my room.
Mitch

pad area

Originally posted by TurboTR
Ask 'em about parking trailers in the pad area overnight...

TuboTR

Todd, what exactly is the pad area? I hope its not a Helicopter pad hehehehehe :D

It's an unpaved area that's been leveled, etc. Would make good utility parking. Might be what they have planned for it.

TurboTR

I made reservations at the Alamo Country Inn for Sat night (27th)and they said their was no problem with parking car trailers.
Now if car is still running then. :rolleyes:

Greg McCall

holding out still?

Not to be a pessimist but I am still undecided on this race... anyone heard any new information on the format? - I am not referring to the BBQ contest format...

if anyone has any new information please post it -

thanks
Winsett
1987 T Twin Turbo – 8.40@165mph 1.28 60ft (3450lb w/driver) <- old combo… car is 565lbs lighter & suspension works
2000 Z71 (soon to be replaced with a dually)
1994 Z28 (41K mile garage queen)
2001 Yamaha R1 Championship Edition (#760/1000) 6.45@119 1/8th mile
2001 Lexus RX300 (Social Event Coordinators daily driver)
1997 Murray (push mower)
2001 Hot wheels electric all terrain go cart

Now Im questionable to race.

I made reservations at the Alamo Country Inn for Sat night (27th)and they said their was no problem with parking car trailers.

Greg McCall

Seems engine has developed a ticking noise. Am going to have it checked out as I can't find any problems externally.

if it ain't one thing...

Hope you get it figured out in time, Greg. My converter is going South in a hurry, but I hope to make a few passes in S.A. before pulling it next week.

Art
Lubbock, TX

brave -

have to give Art props for trying =) there is no way I would make that drive to test out a broken converter - I hope you get it all worked out fellas.

good luck

Winsett
shifting gears like WJ...

Todd,

Is the Silver beast going to be there????? :confused:

Winsett
Get your butt, down here!! I need a twin Turbo fix.....:D

Originally posted by TurboTR
Ask 'em about parking trailers in the pad area overnight...

TuboTR

I did just that Todd when I made my reservations and the lady told me it's no problem :)

I also have my reservations at the Alamo. I should arrive Saturday afternoon and from what I have read a few of the LSPBC will be there Saturday also so maybe we can have a tail gate party hehehe and bench race.

Todd, you bring your car?

See Ya there

Neal

Mmm, I wish. I get the driveshaft shortened/adapted today and could probably have it all ready to fire up by Sat eve, but it looks like the motor mounts are not going to work yet. Plus my engine guy in WA is still finishing up the custom nitrous switch bracket on the throttle body, so no throttle body until next week. Plus I put on a set of Wilwood 4 piston discs and the spindles off his old GN, but the wheels have a noticeably different camber now for some reason. Not sure why(?) Have to get it aligned 1st thing.

I could probably thrash, borrow a t-body and throw on some cut up old mounts and at least get it rolling around by then, but realistically it looks like probably not.

BUT that said, there's going to be lots of other tasty iron out there to drool over, peeps to see, etc, etc. No worries! I'm up for a tailgate session Sat night, assuming I'm not laying under the car! :) Looking forward to seeing Neal, Art, etc run!

TurboTR

Greg McCall

:( Car is at motor man for header repair and bearing inspection. Good luck to the rest of the racers, see ya another time.