Moving to BC Canada

police4412

Hello all
I have just bought a home in Port Alberni on the Island and was wondering if any members reside in or near Port Alberni. I'm moving from Ontario in Aug.
Thanks in advance
Ted

Hi Ted,

There are a few of us board members in the Mainland area. I live in Squamish. We had 11 Buicks out for the All GM Picnic on July 5th at Campbell Valley Regional Park in south Langley. Not many participants for this year's show, even with the gorgeous weather. Only 25 collector cars made it out, so we did have a fairly good representation from the Buick contingent.
We'll be getting together again on Sunday, August 2nd in White Rock. Nice grassy area next to the waterfront. I'll post a thread in the Regional Pacific Northwest Area section with some info of this event, later this week.
Good luck on your move and hope we can meet up later.

Nando.

Here is what I have in my 1987 Grand National

Here is what I have in my 87 GN
Champion racing heads, 212 212 cam and lifters, forged pistons and new rings, all new bearings, new crank, ARP bolts and studs everywhere, new engine mounts, New BB turbo 66 from Jack Cotton, MAF Lt1 and translator, plugs and wires, B&M line lock, champion valve covers, stainless headers, high flow oil pump, adjustable uppers and boxed lowers, Air bags, wide band, scanmaster, progressive alky, Eric's chip, 60 pound injectors, adjustable boost controller, drive-shaft loop, summits racing heater, AC delete, and the list goes on. The motor was built by a guy named Bill in Barrie, he is well respected by the circle track racers. He only builds race engines, most of his work comes from the States. But he does most of the stock car engines in the area, he a stand up guy and he stands behind what he builds.
I run a performance trans with 3400 stall

My wife calls the car Black Crack due to the amount of cash it cost.
I'm looking forward to meeting you, I am trying to make it to Port Alberni for Thunder in the Valley. Good opportunity to meet the locals and burn some alky.

Ted

Here is what I have in my 87 GN
Champion racing heads, 212 212 cam and lifters, forged pistons and new rings, all new bearings, new crank, ARP bolts and studs everywhere, new engine mounts, New BB turbo 66 from Jack Cotton, MAF Lt1 and translator, plugs and wires, B&M line lock, champion valve covers, stainless headers, high flow oil pump, adjustable uppers and boxed lowers, Air bags, wide band, scanmaster, progressive alky, Eric's chip, 60 pound injectors, adjustable boost controller, drive-shaft loop, summits racing heater, AC delete, and the list goes on. The motor was built by a guy named Bill in Barrie, he is well respected by the circle track racers. He only builds race engines, most of his work comes from the States. But he does most of the stock car engines in the area, he a stand up guy and he stands behind what he builds.
I run a performance trans with 3400 stall

My wife calls the car Black Crack due to the amount of cash it cost.
I'm looking forward to meeting you, I am trying to make it to Port Alberni for Thunder in the Valley. Good opportunity to meet the locals and burn some alky.

Ted
Hi Ted,

Once you're settled in your new place, send me a PM and I'll forward my contact info to you.
Oww, Black Crack! When you think about it, you can get a "high" driving the GN, especially with a fairly healthy build-up, as you've outlined. I don't think there are many T-types or GNs in the the North Island region. Won't be long before you share your kill story with us- most likely against a blown diesel 4x4, as they're prevalent in that part of the woods.

Take care,

Nando.