You can type here any text you want

Moving to Jacksonville, NC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

Hi guys moving to Jacksonville, NC in June and looking for a place to get help with my GN. I need to have my motor put back in, tuned and painted. Can someone help me out with a good place to get the work done at?

I was just in J'ville today, doggone place is growing up. I live about an hour south in Wilmington.
As far as engine install and tuning, it depends on how far you want to go--if you don't want to leave J'ville--eh about the only place i would suggest is Majestic motorsports, although they are not a buick shop and prolly have very little experience with them, they could do it.
The best suggestion for you is Big Wood racing, they are about 1 1/2 hrs. away from you up I-40. Obviously they are a sponsor/owner of this board and they can handle anything you need done.

If neither of those work out for you, i have a couple more suggestions, but i would start with Big Wood.

Geoff

P.S.--anymore info on the engine install, stock motor, tranny already in the car, motor all assembled?--stuff like that.

Well Guys I'm sold on Big Wood!!!!! I saw the twin turbo set up that you did, it’s great !!!!!!!!! You have yourself a new client, and I will try to get my dad to bring his GN to you guys too. It really needs to be tuned bad.

im not one to bad mouth places unless they down right suck. and majestic SUCKS!! Right before i went out on the mue im on right now, my buddy had a wrx in that shop for four months on a tranny replacement.

Then somebody broke in there lot, and smashed a window and jacked his guages and cd player.

Then it was a HEADACHE for him to deal with all of that.

Then another guy, with a turbo'd honda, went in for some tuning, and it took them almost a month to "get around to it".

Maybe you have had better expericences with them, but ive seen first hand and what has happend there.

Back