You can type here any text you want

MSD Crank trigger system for FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S351 R

OK, install is done with FAST using OEM TFI ignition - no fire, no rpm reading on FAST dashboard, no Tach reading inside either.

BUT, this likely has to do with the voodoo wiring Saleen did when they recalled/rewired a bunch of cars to EEC-V 104 pin processors(vice 60 pin).

So Im looking for information on a MSD Crank trigger system in the hope that this can be plug & play despite the unknown factory ignition harness. The FAST directions dont answer much. Do I need a different distributor for this? What about new harmonic balancer?

Any guidance or direction on "starting from scratch" on a 351 Windsor to use a Crank trigger system would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kirk

You'll need to send the box back and have it set up for a crank trigger. I would use the MSD distributor with the cam output.

I wondered about sending the box back too, but BDS said that it would only take going back into the parameters to change it to Crank Trigger. Can anyone else weigh-in on this? This is kit #30-114010. If it has to go back, any time frame? (Craig maybe)

HighPSI - Are you saying that the MSD Dist w/Cam output would replace the Crank Trigger setup and be plug & play?

Just looking for the fastest and SIMPLEST remedy to this ignition problem - Half the reason I bought FAST was to get away from all the crap Saleen has done to this car, and with this nutty wiring, Im still under that cloud.

Originally posted by S351 R
HighPSI - Are you saying that the MSD Dist w/Cam output would replace the Crank Trigger setup and be plug & play?

No, I was talking about using the ditributor for the cam sinc along with the crank trigger.

Back