You can type here any text you want

MSD DIS 4 HO quit working??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott Atk

Just shut off on the freeway. Pulled over, put the plug in and it started up. Is this thing servicable at all?

Yes but MSD takes a long time. When mine failed, I just ordered a new one from Summit, then returned the bad one about a month later. It seems that quite a few of the DIS4s fail and this was the only way to not get screwed out of $450

When I called MSD they said it would be like 6 weeks to repair so I never got to the point where we talked price.

Just read a little bit on MSD's tech forum. One guy complained that his car just shut off while driving. He said the unit was real hot to the touch and refired after it sat for awhile. I just plugged mine back in and it started. Now I'm rethinking my mounting location on the AC delete plate. It's about 14" above the downpipe.

Attachments

• DSC02964.jpg
    DSC02964.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 69
That is very possible. I have mine mounted in the same location as you, except on the opposite side of that heater box plate (inside the car).

Mine is located on the drivers side fender well and it has failed. MSD said only use the box at the track.

Yeah, It's done for. It will start and run anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes then just shuts off. Sucks, I'm on my way out the door going to PINKS ALL OUT.

Back