You can type here any text you want

Multichip display

• Thread starter Thread starter PPI Typhoon
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
P

PPI Typhoon

I'm not sure if many of you use multichip setups. But I figured I'd share a little of the display I've been working on. There's a lot more to it than just the display, but this is just the early stages.

Feedback??

I'm not sure whether to display timing in degrees, octane, or maybe just "street/strip/race" etc. But I think I'll also switch the boost to PSI rather than bar.

But anyhow. Figured I'd share.

display.jpg

Looks good. What is it going to be mounted in and what other type of info you going to have it readout..?

Originally posted by U1ARUNIT
Looks good. What is it going to be mounted in and what other type of info you going to have it readout..?

Well, someone over at the SyTy boards suggested a possible visor mount.......interesting idea. But it would be small enough and mounted in a small enclosure, as I'm trying to keep this designed with as little space as possible. The biggest component is that board.

But it would display your timing and boost levels in the multi chips. If you have security settings, it would say Timing: Security or something like that. Then for boost, it would give you the readout of what your setting is, or if you have a disabled boost function of the chip, it would read Boost: N/A or something like that.

But I'm looking at graphic LCD's too, which would have graphs and whatnot. Might be able to include custom graphics, production numbers, etc.

But here's what I think will fly for the setup:

display2.jpg

What about interfacing? What type? ALDL or Direct?

Uses no sensors right?

Originally posted by TurboDave
What about interfacing? What type? ALDL or Direct?

Uses no sensors right?

Yeah, this seems to be a confusion. This is NOT a monitoring setup, but rather for a multichip setup. Many people are asking me on the SyTy boards to make an interface with an Ultimate chip. Rather than having a display that says "T1-15, T2-22, etc", This would be JUST a display of what setting the chip is on. Here's just an example I quickly drew up.

example.jpg

Dimensions, I'm keeping to a minimum, roughly the size of a wallet. Lighted.......yes, planning on EL backlit. Price?? Not sure yet, but because some recent opposition, I'm approaching it differently, so it will hopefully come out really killer and really cheap in price as well. This new project is going to take some time, but I'll post something when I get the progress.

BTW, I already have one of the displays in my truck. That's the easy part of this new unit. The other thing I'm working on is what's taking the time.

:)

Back