You can type here any text you want

Muscle Magazine Seeks SoCal / Phoenix Owners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNregistry

Hemmings Muscle Machines

National Magazine seeking SoCal / Phoenix area Buick Owners who would like to see their Turbo Buick in the pages of this magazine. Mission to find a factory-fresh (restored or unrestored, CLEAN Turbo Buick).

There is also a particular interest in early turbo Regal Sport Coupes, LeSabres and Rivieras. Also, looking for Tastefully-modified vehicles that have NOT previously been seen in national magazines.

Tubbed and scooped drag-race cars need not apply.

For Starters, send jpeg photos, ownership history, how original it is, performance parts, etc

E-Mail GNregistry@aol.com
subject: Hemmings

Photo Shoot to begin as soon as this winter

Later
Brett

This is a GREAT magazine for those of you that haven't checked it out yet. Refreshing change from most of the rags out there these days. This month they have a Superbird and Ford Torino King Cobra on the cover.

A friend of mine actually found and restored the King Cobra and then sold it to a collector in RI. This car was a one of a kind and must be worth major $$$$$. Never found out how much he sold it for. It IS sort of ugly but is a special car that was being developed for NASCAR racing but never made it. His had a Boss 429 motor in it. This is what they looked like. http://www.torinocobra.com/images/king_cobra_orange1.jpg

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
This is a GREAT magazine for those of you that haven't checked it out yet. Refreshing change from most of the rags out there these days. This month they have a Superbird and Ford Torino King Cobra on the cover.

A friend of mine actually found and restored the King Cobra and then sold it to a collector in RI. This car was a one of a kind and must be worth major $$$$$. Never found out how much he sold it for. It IS sort of ugly but is a special car that was being developed for NASCAR racing but never made it. His had a Boss 429 motor in it. This is what they looked like. http://www.torinocobra.com/images/king_cobra_orange1.jpg

I remember that car, Ford delovoped it to compete against the dodge's Daytona. That King Cobra is RARE!!!!

Pic link works fine, maybe a problem on your end?

As far as flying I don't know, the front ends were aerodynamic but supposedly the back of the car would get real loose at speed and they were supposed to be coming up with a wing/spoiler for it but the whole project was scrapped. The one my friend restored had the correct rear window made of plexiglass in it and it was all scratched up but there is no other ones around for it. Funny thing about these cars is the interior, just a plain jane Torino nothing fancy, sort of looked like it needed something more.

I don't think it's ugly. I think it looks good. It's too bad they never went into production. Ok, now I will just HAVE to check out that mag since it's the only muscler car mag out there anymore.

I remember seeing one of those on one of the tv car shows. I think it was my classic car. If I remember correctly they said only 3 were made before the stock car racing rules were changed to make the car illegal. The front looked more like the 280z front end based on the pics on this site. http://www.torinocobra.com/king_cobra.htm

David
87GN

Back