My 84 Regal

illegalregal

Here is my pride and joy. She's no TR but its the best i could get for now. One of these days when i come into some money ill be getting at least a T-type..

Enjoy

Regal001.jpg

Regal002.jpg

Regal005.jpg

Regal006.jpg

Regal008.jpg

Nice regal, but it would look much better with the plastick that goes under the front 1/4 panels and bumper.

Nick

Nice car! I started that way too. I had a '87 Regal that I painted a very dark blue then blacked out the trim.

thanks...right now im trying to find a steady job...then im thinking about throwing the whole setup thats in there now out and throwing a TR setup in...but money most likely wont permit that so i may turbo it/a good shot of nitrous....but tuning on the carbd 350 is gonna be a PITA

You know what they say... if you can't buy it, build it.

It's also worth mentioning...

Many people, including myself, like the 80's Regal because of what they are, the car itself, not because they are fast.

Put it another way...

I have been into classic cars for over 20 years, I have owned close to 20 of them, 5 were G-bodys, 3 were Regals, 1 was a T-Type and 1 was a T.

I CAN afford to buy a Turbo Regal, but I don't want to buy one. There are several reasons... have no desire to go fast anymore, I feel the prices are too high for what it is, and so on.

Problem is, I still really like the 84-87 Buick Regal, the car itself, not because of the turbo engine. So if I don't want to go fast, and could care less about the turbo engine, why pay the price tag and suffer all the side effects that goes along with it? Just doesn't make sense.

That is why I decided to build my own Regal, with a V8, just like the Monte SS and 442, the way I want it.

Nice looking ride. I have a 83 Regal and I'm in the process of dropping in a Olds 350 as we speak. I'd like to find a scooped hood to add a little more cleareance over the engine compartment. If my luck holds up, I'll be building a Regal/Delta 455 within the next yr..

Nice!

Lots of room under that hood for a P600B ProCharger!

Thanks everyone. Im painting it this coming summer(paint might not look bad but its all scratched and chipping in some spots) and then if i can find extra money its either gonna be N2O, Turbo or S/C...havent decided yet.

88ZNX said:
Lots of room under that hood for a P600B ProCharger!

Boy i wish i had the money :biggrin:

Nice ! Here's couple old pics I scanned of the '81 Regal I had back in the early 90's, I put a 327 into it. Loved that car, I bought it from my granparents when they were kind enough to sell it to me for $900 after I had a car burn to the ground with only liabilty insurance. Made the car extra special, and gave me a soft spot for Regals. Like said above, I also like them whether they're fast or not. I loved the car when it had the stock 231 in it :)
Wrecked it in '92. Always said I'd have another one someday, and decided to get the turbo model that I really wanted this time :)
I'd kill to still have the Vector's :(. I don't remember what happened to the things, I must have sold them :confused:

Attachments

• 2 pics.jpg
    2 pics.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 198
Shortydoowop138 said:
Nice looking ride. I have a 83 Regal and I'm in the process of dropping in a Olds 350 as we speak. I'd like to find a scooped hood to add a little more cleareance over the engine compartment. If my luck holds up, I'll be building a Regal/Delta 455 within the next yr..

if it is a hood you want then how much are you looking to spend??? lol. no really, i have a perfect condition hood it is off a 83 t type. if your interested let me know.