You can type here any text you want

My 87 GN was stolen in broad open daylight.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

peggybranan

My 87 Buick GN was stolen in broad open day light, 5 minutes
after I parked and locked it. Sunday morning 2-1-04 in front of
the Premier Flea Mkt. & Storage. On Bankhead Hwy. in
Douglasville, Ga I parked at 11:20 am went in to see if a friend was there, her booth was locked, I turned around and headed back to my car, I looked at my watch it was 11:25
I just about had a heart attack, when I got back to where I parked, it was in front of the office and it was gone. I don't know how they got it, my alarm did not go off, I did not see any broken glass on the street, it's like someone lifted it in the air.
I just had some work done on it. Vin# 1G4GJ1170HP462280
I bought it new 1-13-88

If anyone sees it call 911

call me anytime 770-949-2490

Thanks
peggy branan
:mad:

SORRY TO HEAR!!!!!

So Peggy was it a hard top or t-top. What was the mileage. Did it have original wheels. Was there anything about the car that would stand out, bumper sticker etc. For the car to be stolen so quick it seems there was some inside deal on it. Said you just had work done on it right? Well maybe someone liked it so much they had a copy of the keys made. Sure you had the alarm on?? You were definitely followed. I find it hard to believe this was a random theft. I am thinking someone knew you an knew the car closely. Think about the last couple of days or even when it was being worked onas you say. Sometimes the obvious is the hardest to think of. Do you remember anyone asking a lot about your car as if they admired it. Think back if anything sticks out its probaly a clue. Drive by your mechanics house make sure its not in his back yard being taken apart for parts for resale. Post a reward for information leading to the where abouts of the car, this may help say $500.00 . If anyone knows about it they will turnover the info believe me people are greedy these days. If its like my insurance here in Al they will not pay off t ill the car is found , so maybe they will luck out an pay yours off. If it is not found do not let them short change you on the value of the car,m they tried to do this to a buddy of mine. Show them classifies to the market value of your car mileage is irrelevant. I would not take less than $10,000 from them!! But thats just me. Even today loan value on one clean wholesale is $12,600 Hope something turns up for ya!!!!!!

stolen GN

I bought the car new, everyting was orginal, wheels, the downut , except for the Buick mud flaps on the front, and I had a pair of those dear whistles on the front bumper, they were black, it was a hard top,and the millage was little over 176000. And on the front the plastic under the headlights is busted the left side is broken all the way and runs down beside the bumper with a big hole. Not long after I bought it there was a recall on the car I took it back to Hardy Cheverlot it was the rear end I think they said something like the positive traction rear end. any way I have a picture of it the rearend cover has a big letter P on it. And I did talk to the at the garage he said no one knew it was there. When I took it in I drove it up on the rack, he raised it up and pulled the door down and locked it and locked the gate. He was fixing to close for the day , I went back the next evening to get it , I don't think he had anything to do with it, he is one of the people who told me to put it on the internet on these websites as stolen. I go through Gadston Al when I went to my sister's she lives in Albertville . If you have any mor info you think I can use, Please feel free to let me know.
I allso had full coverage, Over the years I was offered a lot of money for my GN, a store manager offered me a bundel plus his corvet, I said no thanks. I loved that car, no one knows, unless you have owned one.

peggy branan

sorry

Well hope everything works out. Seems there was some kinda inside deal with your mechanic an someone else to me. Cause right after you had it worked on it was stolen. If you are interested in another one just let me know. Our family has a few I have had 3 myself. We got all 87's so if you find yourself in the market again let me know.they are all original 1 with 23K 1 with 50K 1 with 9K an 1 with 8K.

Back