You can type here any text you want

My avc gnx cluster project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
I bought a AVC gauge plate and bezel from a member on the board. I have finally finished installing gauges and wiring it up. Still need to do the install. I used a 120 mph speedo. I figured no sense getting a 160 because the car will never reach that. I used original boost/tach connector for the tach to help with ease of installation. Bought dash connector from Caspers and wired it on my own using original pics from the net of AVC cluster and wiring diagrams from ALLDATA. Thanks Dave Parks for the cluster parts and help.Here are some pics.

000_0006-1.jpg

000_0007-1.jpg

000_0008-1.jpg

000_0010.jpg

AVC GNX style dash cluster

Hey Nick,

Looks Great! Glad I was able to help you.

Let me know how it's going when you get it out on the road.

dave

Looks good! How did that caspers dash plug work out?

SW.

Looks good! How did that caspers dash plug work out?

SW.

The plug worked great. I'm not the best in sodering, but I got it done. The harness I made myself. I used some original AVC instructions and pics to help complete it.

If anyone is interested in doing one of these, i have 99% of the Caspers GNX harness left over from my custom GNX cluster.
I thought i needed it but ended up i only needed the big plug. Wasted 250$ for nothing.

Nice job, what did you have originally?
I also notice the side pillar with dual gauges; was this a custom fit or did you had to modified it?

Back