My car is running again!!!

4cd-Air

Finally, after over 6 months of parts chasing, machine work, money matters, and hard work by my friend and I, the black beast is running again! I can't believe what I was missing out on... The only thing is, there are typical rebuild quirks.

Code 13 - Air temp sensor too low. Was disconnected, fixed it.
Code 23 - Oxygen sensor fouled. Replaced, less smoke.
The codes have not been cleared yet, so that may affect my next question.

My initial throttle response is piss poor. It feels like I have a 2000 stall converter (which I don't). I have to go half throttle to get going, then normal from there. Also my tranny seems reluctant to downshift like it used to. Fluid is normal, might need a change.

Is this normal? I seem to remember my neck being snapped back when I blipped the throttle before. Any ideas?

Shane

Good to hear the car is running. You say it took six months to fix but you did not say what was wrong with it in the first place. What did you change since the last time it was running?

I reread the post and it looks like you did a full rebuild. Did you reset the IAC and check TPS adjustment?

With the tranny did you have it out of the car? Did you change the TV cable adjustment?

Originally posted by blackbuick87
I reread the post and it looks like you did a full rebuild. Did you reset the IAC and check TPS adjustment?

With the tranny did you have it out of the car? Did you change the TV cable adjustment?

I'll do that stuff tomorrow, and I'll let you know how it goes.