You can type here any text you want

My first kill!!! sorry so long

• Thread starter Thread starter Seeker
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
S

Seeker

Now I'm only 18, but do not get me confused with these ricers out there because I am not like them and do not like them either. I have a 86 T WH1 package but the owner before me painted the car maroon to match the interior. No one has any idea what kind of car it is because it has no emblems and has a column shifter. Mostly stock with a K&N and a breather kit. Some kids in school know what I have but others just look at me and ask "why do I drive a grandpa car?"
The other day I pull up to a light and this kid I do not like pulls up next to me. He has an auto 94 Firechicken with punch out cats and a preformance trans button. He is so arrogant and everyone thinks his car is the fastest thing that ever lived. Now I do not race because I love this car, but I could not give up this oppitunity. I hear the revs start up and I start to build boost and time the light just right. I have bad tires so he jumps ahead as I sit spinning. Once the rubber and road surface meet my head gets flung back into the seat and pull past him with only 3/4 pedal like he was standing still. I shut it down at 80 because up ahead is usually a speed trap and I'm 4 car lengths ahead, then he goes flying by.
The next day in school I am just minding my own business and he is telling people that my car is slow and he killed me. I'm not the type to brag so I just agree when people ask me about the race, but me and him know what happened. He doesn't even look at me anymore in school.
Now a kid with a stock 94 3000GT wants to try the T. Does anyone know if these cars are fast? He has a 5 speed manual. Thanks, sorry so long.

Dude! Nice kill but what'd ya do that for? You killed his azz and admitted defeat? :confused: I understand about not wanting to brag but damn....you won fair & square, even with tirespin.
Challenge him to another race, with witnesses, in an open area where you can get a good full race in, and see if he hems and haws or accepts the challenge! Talk the smack and then lay it down! Stand up for the TR community, my brother! :D Just don't get yourself in an accident and end up hurt.

Nonetheless, congratulations on your first kill! It's always satisfying to destroy your enemies! :)

Nice kill, but next time don't admit defeat. Challenge him to another race and this time make sure people are present. About the 3000gt, is it the vr4? If it is you better get some sticky tires, well at least a lot more then u have now, because that means he is awd. So he will kill you off the line. However, if he is not the VR4 you will have no problems what so ever. Again good kill, but kick his butt again so every1 can see ;)

Tell the truth - he only passed you after you slowed down.

HTH

Get some better tires - I was hatin' life w/ some "pre-owned" 205-60r15's when I was poor. Stepped up to 245-60-r15 BFG TA's when I got my insurance money. Not the stickiest, but a whole lot better than the 205's. For a mostly stock car with a peg-leg they are working pretty good for me.

As far as the "re-match" - besides being safe, make sure you don't end up on the wrong side of the law - especially at your age. Also, do you know what you are doing with tuning & avoidance of detonation?

Thumbs up for not bragging, but don't bow out either. Nice showing of maturity to back off the gas. See if you can talk him into taking it to a nearby track. Loser pays the winner's entrance fee!:D

Bring some one else in your car with a video camera and race tha fire chicken, and show everyone at school you beating him! That is the only solution I could think of. just a thought. that was really mature of you to not brag!! that will just make it better for the next time you beat him!!

A magazine had a shootout between a VR4 and a Syclone back in the day. It was a dead heat...when the driver of the Mitsu dumped the clutch at 4000 rpm. :rolleyes: Most driver's don't have the gonads to (or alternatively do have the common sense not to) dump the clutch at those rpms. If its a manual, then it is unlikely the driver knows how to build boost with it (kinda tricky). Nonetheless they are fast cars. Sorry I cannot give you the exact numbers on it. Just don't get down when it opens a few lengths on you in a hurry out of the hole.

Back