You can type here any text you want

My first kill....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

billsgn

Hard Member
I'm not a big fan of street racing as it is very dangerous and illegal, but ever since one of my employee's bought a new Mustang GT (2002), he has been bugging me to run him with my GN.

He has done the usual mods to his GT such as catback exhaust, chip, cold air intake, pulleys and more. I have ridden in his car and I must say that it pulls hard and is pretty quick.

After work tonight, he waited for me in the parking lot and "revved" his engine as I approached my car. I thought about it for a second and said what the heck! I proceded out of the parking lot with him following. We got to the end of the street and waited tilll there were no cars around. I made a right turn and waited for him to pull up next to me. As we were rolling side by side at idle, I heard his engine rev up so I started to brake boost. As soon as he dumped his clutch, I got on the throttle and I could hear his tires light up. My BFG were struggling to find traction and we both hooked up at the same time. I started to slowly pull away from him and I heard him shift. Just then my car shifted into second gear and I had at least a car length on him. Since we were rapidly nearing the next intersection, we both let off and slowed to a stop. As he caught up to me, he gave me a big thumbs up and smiled.

We got onto the highway to start heading home and this time he was in front of me. We cruised up to 40-45 mph and I saw him get on it so I did too. Almost immediately I was glued to his rear bumper and had to feather the throttle to keep from running over him. Since traffic was low, we decided to go for it one last time. This time we were side by side doing around 55 mph. I let him go first and as soon as he did I punched it. He pulled about a car length on me but as soon the turbo spooled up, I was blowing by him. This time I stayed in it until I was over 100 mph before I let off. It took him a few seconds or so to catch up but when he did he had this big grin on his face and yelled out..."damn that thing is fast!!! When you went by me, all I heard was a big whoosh!!"

I sure wish the racing season will start soon as that was just too much fun. As I mentioned at the start of this post, I am not a big fan of street racing and I hope I don't make this a habit....;)

Nice kill..It is always nice to have someone take a whippin and keep :). I bet it was fun at work the next day....

Haven't been back to work yet.....

This happened on Monday and we are closed on Tuesdays, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to have some fun with him....:D

Tell him all he needs is about $4000 for an intercooled supercharger and he might be able to keep up with that little 6
:D

haha....

He was nice enough to give me the thumbs up, so I should be nice to him and not rub salt in his wounds....;)

Re: haha....

Originally posted by billsgn
He was nice enough to give me the thumbs up, so I should be nice to him and not rub salt in his wounds....;)
Now that would be the epitome of "Going fast with class".

i am not a fan of street racing in the middle of rush hour or in the evening when there's a lot of traffic, but on dark nearly abandoned highways or backstreets, what the heck...

anywho, great kill.. the other day stomped a friend of mine's Mustang Cobra (93 FOX body model). Still working on the Lesabre almost got it done, and the TR I have is a LOOONNNNNG way off from being done (ie, get my student loan debts paid off, and some $$ set aside before starting a bunch on it)... Anyway, took the 83 Cut out and lined up w/ him on a abandoned 2 mile stretch of old U.S. 231 (about 1/4 mile away the new road is in place), he has 3.73 gears in that Cobra w/ a 5spd, I have a 455 Rocket w/ TH-350 w/ shift kit , and using conventional SBO air cleaner (using the air tube to keep the air going into the motor reasonably cold) with a 2.41 open rear. Motor has about 10 hp on his, and while he had me on takeoff and for a little over 1/8th mile, but past that I pulled away from him (were running 1.5 miles towards a noted landmark as the finish line). By 3/4 of a mile he was 2 car lengths back behind me and I continued pulling ahead of him. At 3/4 of a mile, my tach indicated i was at about 3800 RPM (85 mph speedo long since maxed out--meaning I was doing 116 mph). He was neck and neck w/ me at this point, but I was still in the advantage, up to about 125 mph, when I just kept pulling ahead of him and he was maintaing a steady speed. I passed the 1.5 mark doing approximately 145mph

WOW!!!

I don't think I would ever take my GN up to speeds that high. The car is not too stable at a 100! ;)

I blew a head gasket a few nights ago while out playing with boost. Had it up to 26 lbs (pump gas and SMC Alky) when all of a sudden on the 2-3 shift it spiked over 30 lbs!!! The car starting burning oil and Coolant so I went home and pulled the plugs. #5 plug was growing green hairs so I knew it was done. Apon pulling the heads, I found that my 120K engine was in need of a rebuild so out it came. Should have it back on the road soon....:(

Bill do you have a Power Plate?

If you had it may have saved you HG, since it redirects air to the front four cylinders and keeps #5 and 6 from being lean do to the poor design of the intake manifold

Something to think about.

Look at my sig....

Had the Power Plate on the car when it happened. It will go on the new engine as well. Head gasket wasn't "blown" per say, just started to seep between the water jackets. 120K hard miles on the engine so it wasn't a surprise that it needed work.

I know, I didn't think my car had it in itself to do that much, but of course, braking was a pain in the butt, took the whole half a mile remaining to slow back down--but I guess you can expect that w/ those kind of speeds... I know that there's a bit of diff between BBO and a TB6, but I have my air dam directing all the cool air toward the heads (plus cool air intake), My motor has about 1600 miles on it right now.

what's your c.r. in that motor, billsgn? I am running 8.5:1 compression on my BBO.

1st kill

first of all dam it feels good to have my buick back!:) i had my previous gn stolen from me it was an 86 but she was running so sweet at the time (low 12s to high 11s )well enough of that it still hurts :( to think about it. The good news is i finally got another one an 87 this time original owner the car is in good condition it would be great but it needs paint. i have only a k&n air filter (cone 9inch ) a converter off of a GNX (used to be rick harpers) and a stock chip, for some reason it did'nt run that good with a boosted chip?? anyway i've had the car for about 3 weeks now and i went for a ride around the block when i hear this mustang with those dam flowmasters reving his engine at me i will admit i was not going to race him, my car is mostly stock no oil change and the mustang ( a 2001 or 2002 ) did sound good, but i said what the heck i'll use it as a measureing stick to see how my gn is running, so we both go up to the light ( this was around 1am) and he kept reving-up so i said ok at light we go, i power braked building up boost and took off with 4lbs which is not bad we both took off together but that was about the only time he stood nect to me my car surprised me by the time 2nd kicked in i had him by my rear wheels and then his beating just got worse, when i finally let of he was about 2 cars behind, i wanted him to pull next to me so that i can ask him if he had any work done on his car but he made a left and high tailed-it. I must have just forgotten how good the gn's run, then again it was 6 years before i could get this one and people driveing by stop and ask if it's for sale. now i have 2 alarms, an ignition cover that locks (got it from kirban) i park my 95 jeep grand cherrokee behind it and i'm up now at 3:30 am (miami time) with my 9mm, paranoid huh well i'll
be that way until i get lo-jack installed then i'll be able to
sleep :)

Blwoing someone away on the street becomes addicting for a while and the it becomes old hat. I just reserve that for the punk kids who think they are so cool when they pull up next to you. I like to show them the back end of the car. I also race my friend who has a GN and TTA as well. I haven't beat him in the TTA yet.

With the right combo a Mustang/Cobra could really crush a Buick ego. Say a 4.6 Cobra with an S trim blower????? Ouch that could do some damage to a guy not paying attention.

Anyways as much as I love Mustangs, I love beating them in the GN more. Um um I mean Monte.:D

Back