You can type here any text you want

My MAF pipe is partially crushed, what does it affect

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

First off, I bought a new metal MAF pipe from Grumpy and have not yet installed it.
Now for the question
I took the TTA out last week and had a testpipe and electric dump put in.
Runs great.
But, when I checked under the hood, I found that where the plastic MAF pipe clamps to the turbo bell, about an inch of maf pipe was crushed in and I assume letting air in at that point, so what affect would this have on either readings on the scan master or performance.
The only reading I remeber is the tps is .42 and the BLM at idle was 133
Thanks

Between MAF and turbo correct?Its letting unmetered air which MAF cannot correct for into motor.Fix it now!Car will run lean.

Yes, the plastic MAF pipe is partially crushed where it clamps to the turbo bell. I only took it out last week to have the test pipe and dump put on and noticed it when I put it away (been in storage for the winter and first time out last week)
With the air coming in there, would that have an affect on the BLM number of 133 that the scanmaster is showing at idle ? When I finally put on Grumpys aluminum pipe next week, will it run any better ?

It may or may not run better but will run safer.You may have check vital settings which would be a good idea if for nothing else.A piece of mind.Do the basics via scan tool and double check static FP,WOT,TPS,etc.BLMs would also be affected.

suicide six said:
Between MAF and turbo correct?Its letting unmetered air which MAF cannot correct for into motor.Fix it now!Car will run lean.

I don't think it would run lean. Typically when the MAF and MAP don't agree it will go into a safe mode and will run rich.

Unmetered air will make it run lean if its below the point that would flag codes. Than it would go to a default value.

MAP on our cars is for the guage only and has nothing to do with engine control.

(unless your running a converted 3bar 148 like I am, but thats another story)

later
Jeremy

Back