You can type here any text you want

My new turbo project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YouLikeThat

My Brother started this car and had a ls1 in it but has sold it to me and I'm going with a 5.3 ls motor with twin GN turbos and a TH400. He installed a ford 8.8 rear and 11" disc on all four corners. Hope to get 600rwhp and 3000lbs with driver.

Attachments

• pinto 3.25.08 012.jpg
    pinto 3.25.08 012.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,368
  • pinto 3.25.08 011.jpg
    pinto 3.25.08 011.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 998
  • pinto 3.25.08 013.jpg
    pinto 3.25.08 013.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 988
  • pinto 3.25.08 010.jpg
    pinto 3.25.08 010.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 991
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Pimpo!!! LOL LOL LOL

You keeping the rainbow stripes?

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Pimpo!!! LOL LOL LOL

You keeping the rainbow stripes?

Hell yes. That's the reason I bought the car. Going to pick up the trans tomorrow. Should piss off a few street racers this summer:biggrin:

That's a neat car. I would make it a sleeper and loose the Weld wheels. Some painted steel wheels on it with the stripes on the side, nobody would ever expect it. I would also be even cooler with a turbo V6;)

The pinto should be a fun car. I thought about a turbo V6 but car is set up for a LS type motor and the 5.3s are cheap.
Scott

Is that an 8 track deck in the dash?

Should be a fun car. Just don't get hit in the rear. :eek:

Sounds like a cool project, gotta watch out for some of them Pintos!

Finally started back on the Pinto so I thought I would update.
The mock up motor and tranny are in. I've bought an ls1 short block and some nice ported heads with big valves/springs, lunati 600 lift camshaft, ls1 intake.
I'm going to go with a single 76mm turbo and a liquid to air I/C.
I've gutted the car and the weight as it sits (full interior, long block and 8.8 rear end) came to 2016lbs so I should come in under 2600 w/o me.
kidsandpinto016.jpg

kidsandpinto015.jpg

VivianMamaPinto009-1.jpg

Looks like that will be ALOT of fun when you get it done man!!! Can't wait to see more production on this!!!

If he would quit drinkin beer he would get more done! LOL, JK man

Can't wait to see that thing out and about!:biggrin:

That thing is gonna be a handful!!:eek:

Can't wait to see that thing out and about!:biggrin:

That thing is gonna be a handful!!:eek:

Hopefully next spring. Should be a fun car. I've been polishing the valve covers front cover and the front of the heads so it should look killer under the hood.
Scott

Maybe the next time you guys are out drinking some beer, I can swing by and have a looksee!!

Back