You can type here any text you want

My one and only pass...

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Well I knew I had a tranny issue to start. Vince Janis said I have a bad servo and my 1-2 band has a glazed spot and it is going to rob me of a tenth or 2 easy. He is going to fix it, but said race it anyways. I wanted to just pull up and go down the track just to get the feel of it. Its been 15 years since I was last on a strip.

I went cold tires, no boost launch, and short shift about 4800-5000. I cannot even be sure I totally floored it. I know I let off early too, probably 50-75 feet. Well it went 13.05 at 106 with a 1.9 60' at 23 lbs of boost. Never tried a 2nd pass. 1st and 2nd went out of the tranny. Now I want to get back because I know it has alot left in it. I have a trans brake and good suspension, so I know my 60' will get way better. Look at my combo and give me some pointers guys. What should I be looking for out of this car?

Thanks
Coach:biggrin:

Was that with the 49? I just took my car to the track this weekend too with a 49. Friday was a 1/4 mile track. Went 12.7 @ 106 with a 1.8 60'. The 1/8th was a 8.1. Went to a 1/8th mile track then saturday. Was able to get the time down to 7.7 @ 90 with the same 60 after working on the tune. These were off the foot brake. I was suffering through trans issues both times at the track (getting ready to pull it here soon). Last pass it pushed through the lights so I did not get a time, but it felt fast (I'm thinking 7.5, but I have nothing the base it on but the ass dyno lol). The last few runs were 30+ psi :).
The car really picked up going from 25 psi to 30. The iat's showed only a 10 degree rise from start to finish so I think it is still working at 30. I'm running 118+ octane and no alchy on an unopened engine with basic bolt ons (fmic, dp, cþai, etc...). I am running a dfi so I have decent control of the tune. The 7.7 run was 11.2 a/f ratio and 24 degrees of timing. What fuel are you running? What was your 1/8th?

My 1/8 was 8.4 at 83 mph. I run ALKY and 93oct. I just have a Scanmaster, no way to log. Track was pretty slick because alot of street cars were running. It was a car show with unlimited runs by the show cars, so BFG radial TA glazing...LOL My 2nd run was going to be warm the tires good and footbrake about 5 psi. Shift about 5300. 3rd was going to be 25-26 psi and 7 psi trans brake launch. Vince told me is was loosing a tenth or two no matter what, but he thought it would hold up. It didnt.:eek:

Back