You can type here any text you want

My TTA burned!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8TransAM

Didnt burn down or serious damage but on fire with flames and used an extinquisher to put it out.

Maiden voyage for taking it somewhere under its own power last sunday to go check out a house. Only had about 10 miles of around home/subdivision driving on it prior. Got about 3 miles away from home and made a hard stop and that was it, drvr caliper/hoses locked up and car was pushing against it self real bad.

Our cars dont work well on flatbeds and it was still rolling, so i decided to limp it until the smoke got to bad. When I pulled oiver to let it cool down and looked the pads were literally on fire with flames coming out from them. Grabbed the extinquisher(a must on first weeks of driving new installs) and put it out and let it cool down for half hour and limped her home.

Melted the brake lines and caliper boots and they blew out in my driveway lol

rebuilt the whole frt brakes on sat including stainless braided lines on the frt. Wow does it stop now!

oh well, gonna get 2 more mini extinquishers, so i can have oine in each car at all times :-)

Got it running and cleaned yesterday and took the gf out for her first ride in a 3.8turbo and it meets her approval(even never gettign more than 1 pound cause the motor is brand new:-()

later
Jeremy

Whew... when cars sit..stuff happens. Glad it was minor.

Go ahead and throw some boost :)

Razor,

I shake when Im in that car lol Its really really hard not to just stomp it :-) Waiting till lockers board and ecm stuff is all set up and the engine is broken in. Got 2-3 psi out of her and the minute it hits u have to let off cause the gauge starts flying lol

break it in nice Jeremy, nice

Its really hard lol :-(

Caliper made ma mad lol Drove it and stopped alot prior, just never any long hard ones from speed. oh well. All is good

later
Jeremy

Your abbreviations are making it hard to communicate. Sorry, but please speak english.
Thanks. Dale

Back