My turbo flange is different? What is this?

How do you know you've run the 64 to it's potential even if you're "spraying"?

How do you know you've run the 64 to it's potential even if you're "spraying"?

Spraying is common terminology for using nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide is an oxidizer and creates a lot of exhaust which in turn would allow me to spool a larger turbo with more potential for top end power.

I'm well aware of nitrous. You didn't answer the question though. You've got 10 second potential. Have you run in the tens with this combo?

I'm well aware of nitrous. You didn't answer the question though. You've got 10 second potential. Have you run in the tens with this combo?

I don't run my car at the track, but I believe the previous owner mentioned he was somewhere in the mid 10's at one point.

Until you run the down the track it's all show ponies and unicorns.

Until you run the down the track it's all show ponies and unicorns.
To be honest, I most likely wont be visiting a track any time soon, but it feels like a car in that range should. I'll hook it up to the G-Tech sometime and get a rough estimate.

To be honest, I most likely wont be visiting a track any time soon, but it feels like a car in that range should. I'll hook it up to the G-Tech sometime and get a rough estimate.
G-techs are pretty accurate with in .3 tenths but you must I repeat MUST get the weight correct with driver...if you don't know your cars weight to the pound its not gonna be accurate.

G-techs are pretty accurate with in .3 tenths but you must I repeat MUST get the weight correct with driver...if you don't know your cars weight to the pound its not gonna be accurate.

very true. there's a freight company down the street. the owner usually is pretty cool about us coming in and weighing the cars as long as they aren't too busy. Thank you for the reminder. I probably would have forgot all about that.

Because I'm spraying as well, I was looking for a turbo that would breathe a little better up top.
Since you are fairly new to the turbo Buick world, I highly recommend that you learn the car very thoroughly before you even think about installing nitrous. These cars do not like short cuts, sloppy tunes, cheap parts, and lack of knowledge. I'm not saying you have any of those, but I do see you trying to make major strides is a really short amount of time which can lead to a catastrophe. I hope you didn't take this the wrong way. I just wouldn't like to see a "rebuild" thread here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are fairly new to the turbo Buick world, I highly recommend that you learn the car very thoroughly before you even think about installing nitrous. These cars do not like short cuts, sloppy tunes, cheap parts, and lack of knowledge. I'm not saying you have any of those, but I do see you trying to make major strides is a really short amount of time which can lead to a catastrophe. I hope you didn't take this the wrong way. I just wouldn't like to see a "rebuild" thread here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I very much appreciate and respect the experience this board and its members has to offer and I certainly am not looking to rebuild this engine this year. I've been reading a lot on the topic and feel confident in my knowledge on nitrous applications. I'm only looking to run a 35-50 shot at the most and will certainly be very conservative with the tuning.