You can type here any text you want

n/a crank vs turbo crank

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 t-tizzle

put a 87 motor in my car with a n/a crank in it and used the hall effect sensor and balancer off the original 85 motor and now the sheetmetal piece on the back of the balancer is rubbing the crank sensor and it won't trigger the coilpack it seems the crank snout is shorter on the n/a crank or are 87 and 85 balancers differant lengths ???????????????help

From what I've seen, the crank sensors and brackets are different between the hot air and IC cars. I thought the balancers were the same.

Hows that crank holding up for you other than the rubbing issue? I just trashed mine.

put a 87 motor in my car with a n/a crank in it and used the hall effect sensor and balancer off the original 85 motor and now the sheetmetal piece on the back of the balancer is rubbing the crank sensor and it won't trigger the coilpack it seems the crank snout is shorter on the n/a crank or are 87 and 85 balancers differant lengths ???????????????help

when I purchased my car it had a n/a crank with 87gn balancer/pulley and ran fine with no problems at 15-18psi.I would reommend billet center caps or all four billet caps with n/a crank.fine for stock motor and turbo at 12-15psi.I have a standard/standard n/a crank if anyone is interested.$110.00 shipped in u.s (just add standard bearings and go)

use the 87 balancer and pulley..

Back