You can type here any text you want

NADA Value - 87 Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I hope not. They say my 86 GN, which just got totalled is worth 24,200. Not bad in my opinion.

That'd be nice. But insurance pays NADA value and thats all i care about.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope nobody was hurt. Did insurance pay you $24k or are you fighting with them?

Its been less than 2 weeks and they havent made any offers yet. But i got a lawyer right away and showed him the value of the car and differences between T's and regular Regals so he can be ready when they lowball.

That'd be nice. But insurance pays NADA value and thats all i care about.

I apologize, it was a late night for me yesterday and I missed the part about your car being totaled. Hope you get the full amount out of the car.

if you go for the regal grand national section, with a/c, and sunroof it adds 15% to the value of the carr, whoohoo for me

But,,,, NADA deducts 15% if your GN has a 6 cyl:confused:
Ross

There's 2 sections to look at, one is for the regal then one for the Grand National, if you pick the Grand National one there are no option entries allowed. Either way, they both show the same value, regardless of the deduction......I thought the same thing when I first saw it!:wink:

When you get insurance get an agreed value.....:)
saves a lot of hassle. I put 30k on mine and they never said a word.

NADA isnt too far off. I think many overrate their cars:eek: .

insurance value

Just for what it's worth, 4 years ago my 87 in VERY nice condition was stolen. I had State Farm at the time. They did not offer "stated value" insurance for any vehicle. My first offer from the adjuster was in his mind "an awful lot of money for an old Buick", a ****ping $8,300. I told him that he had no idea what he was dealing with and supplied him with about a dozen photos of the car. After about 3 weeks of back and forth I told him that I did not want any money, I just wanted for him to replace the car with an exact duplicate. 59K miles, complete show quality paint job, the usual engine upgrades, flawless interior, etc. 2 days later he called with an offer to settle for $26,108 (including tax). I said "check please". Moral of the story, keep documentation!

Just for what it's worth, 4 years ago my 87 in VERY nice condition was stolen. I had State Farm at the time. They did not offer "stated value" insurance for any vehicle. My first offer from the adjuster was in his mind "an awful lot of money for an old Buick", a ****ping $8,300. I told him that he had no idea what he was dealing with and supplied him with about a dozen photos of the car. After about 3 weeks of back and forth I told him that I did not want any money, I just wanted for him to replace the car with an exact duplicate. 59K miles, complete show quality paint job, the usual engine upgrades, flawless interior, etc. 2 days later he called with an offer to settle for $26,108 (including tax). I said "check please". Moral of the story, keep documentation!

That's funny! I had to do the same thing with a low mileage 86 z-28 I owned. State Farm offered me, back in 1988 (The car was a 1986 with 15k miles) they offered me $7200. I went down the list of options with the adjuster....forgotten conveniently by him AM/FM cassette, T-Tops, Automatic tranny, TPI engine, Posi traction....etc. etc. etc. He came up to $9500 and I still refused. I said "Just park me another one in the driveway with the same options and 15k miles". He came back 3 days later with a check for $12,343............don't know how he came up with that amount but thats what I got and I was happy!

I just faxed over a ton of receipts for the motor, trans and misc engine parts. I cant find the receipt for paint but hopefully i can get a copy from the guy who did it.

I will for sure do that with the next one. Thanks for the advice. I dont think that helps when the other guys insurance is paying for it though.

stated insurance

Just to clarify what I said in my earlier post, State Farm (of Ohio) did not allow stated amount insurance on vehicles 4 years ago. I do know that companies vary from state to state. That is why I changed companies when I moved to the Memphis area. Here my rates with S.F. would have over tripled. I was not giving advice on whether or not to seek stated value insurance, my point was to make sure you document how much you have invested in your vehicle.

Back