You can type here any text you want

Need a convertor, should I buy a stock stall or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasons kwik 6

I believe I have the wrong convertor on my car. Since my car is stock, and will probaly be only mildly modded, which one should I buy? I was just going to buy a stock D5. Just looking at everyone else, it doesnt look like I need anything else.

I run Nittos and I just go to the track sometimes for tuning. Thanks

I would get a stock convertor, its the best thing for these cars unless you really start modding. I still had a stock one in mine when we took it apart to redo the motor.

I heard the GM discontinued them, I am sure there are some left out there so hurry :eek:

It's either a D5 or a D6 converter. If you take down your tc shield you'll see either a 6 or 5 about 1/2 inch apart around the whole converter. A rebuilt D5 will cost you the same as a new one maybe less, I would at least bump it to a true 2600 or perhaps 2800 stall. It's not that noticeable. I just through in a orange stripe 2800-3000(not the best, but all I could afford right now). It helped some and you can't notice it slipping at all.

The Orange and Red stripes are not as good as a Stock D5. THe Stock D5 convertor really is awesome.

I don't have a part number.

Look in the for sale section....Grand Nash has a used one for $65 I think. :)

there are NO more GM stockers out there... I got the last one 2 weeks ago... orange. red pink blue...whatever...to me dont work like a stock D5...well I am talkin about a mild stock set up ( mid 11s @115-120)

Really can't compare cause my D5 was toast! The lockup clutch was history and it was out of round! Put the orange stripe in and it spools better and actually locks up when it's suppossed to

Back