You can type here any text you want

Need a couple of favors :-)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8TransAM

Can someone psot me the "correct" torque specs for the HnR poly mounts? (have my instructions, just know there were a few issues with torque specs) Got my engine and I'm putting them in today and hopefully dropping in the engine and tranny.

Also, I have the Caspers Cam Sensor setting tool, anyone have the instructions on that? Cant find them anywhere.

Thanks
Jeremy

PS First time I've been excited about this thing since t went into storage 3 yrs ago and I would stop by just to look under the car cover :-)

Ya should of set the cam sensor on the engine stand.

Cant help you on the mounts, worst case goodntightened torque. Its not a head bolt that stretch has to be worried about.

Be careful when torqueing the long center bolts(the long ones that connect the mounts together). If you go to tight the ears on the mounts will actually bend and squish the poly bushing out. This happened to me,so I called Johns Performance where I bought the mounts and John told me that the torque specs. were wrong and that HRPartsNstuff where going to change the specs.
If I remember correctly the instructions said 90lbs.and it was only supposed to be 45lbs. I backed the torque off and they were fine.

James

Drop the camsensor at 25deg ATDC. The small "window" should point ~7-8 o´clock. Turn sensor clockwise until tool led goes off, then turn back till it turns on again.

This is standing on drivers side.

nice!

I thought it was 25deg. wanted to make sure :-)

Just want to prime it again once its in and installed :-)

Gonna be easy with my fancy schmancy balancer. its all degreeed right there, no sill stivkers lol

thanks
Jeremy

Back