You can type here any text you want

Need Chip Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RAMAIR1

I'm addicted
Alright, First let me say I'm sorry for asking questions that have obviously been covered here a million times. That said I'm a newbie to the whole TR thing and am hoping for a little guidance.
I have a recently acquired 86 GN (modifications in sig). The previous owner opted for a Pitbull chip. After only a small amount of driving the car, I know this is the wrong chip for the car in it's present state. From what I've read it seems that my best bet would be either a Red Armstrong or Testa 93 street chip. Am I correct? If so, what's the best way to go about getting one of these chips. I've emailed Jim with no reply as of yet...I emailed him just before the weekend, so I know it could take a day or 3 (not complaining). I have no clue how to get info on the Armstrong chips though.
One thing I know I need to do is hotwire my fuel pump. I would get the chip with intentions of doing that before the chip arrives. After teh chip I fully intend to spend a lot of time studying and then getting a can tool of some sort.
Thanks for any responses...

I would just get a street 93 chip from Ramchargers or Full Throttle Performance, or give Eric Marshall at Turbotweak an email with your combo. and have him burn you a street chip.

Or find Red's phone number and call him for a 93 street chip since he is not on the internet from what I have read.

Just my .02, and yes I have chips from all of them that do work, bought the Reds ones used. :)

Thanks Salvage, sounds like I was on the right track. I will try to contact any of the above and whoever replies will get my business.

Back