Need good answers from tranny experts

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
With a wide racing band and a shift kit will a tranny hold up if it's built properly? I don't mean with race parts, I mean built correctly. I will be getting a tranny from either CK or Bruce or one of the vendors here as soon as I save up the dough but for now I have to make this rebuilt tranny from Aamco hold up until then. The only bad part in the tranny right now is a universal valve body. My stock one couldn't be fixed by the Aamco "expert tranny builder". It has a stacked 1-2 shift that he has mostly gotten out. It still does it from time to time so he put this generic valve body in. The tranny shifts real weak now and has burnt up two racing bands in no time at all. I will not be hard on it due to the fact it is not a beefed up unit but I will be on it from time to time as all people are on their cars. Any opinions, other than don't ever take it back to Aamco?

I THINK WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT AN IN CAR TESTED 2004R BY ANY OF THE REPUTABLE BUILDERS AROUND HERE iss the only way to go short of rebuilding it yourself,which sometimes winds up costing more than the original purchase price.its alot more than a band and shift kit as we all now know

shift kit and wide band are only a band-aid and not even that if the rest isn't right. it sounds like him changing your VB wasn't the answer either, I hope you didn't let them keep the old one. mix matching vb's and govenor's is gonna get you in trouble unless they knew what they wee doing, which I doubt.

I have the valve body sitting on the floor behind me. I'm trying to find out if anyone can repair it but no luck so far. I'm gonna have the rebuild under my warranty and baby the car until I can save the money to get a real tranny. The Aamco guy is just so mis-educated. He swears there is no difference in a GN tranny than any other 200-4R ever made. Same valve body, governor, everything. Guess that goes to show even a "guy with 20 years experience building trannies" can be wrong. He seemed to laugh at what Bruce had to say and any of the literature I presented in court. If only a GN tranny expert lived closer and could teach these clowns something about a GN tranny.

Man, thats scary, ain't it?

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
I have the valve body sitting on the floor behind me. I'm trying to find out if anyone can repair it but no luck so far. I'm gonna have the rebuild under my warranty and baby the car until I can save the money to get a real tranny. The Aamco guy is just so mis-educated. He swears there is no difference in a GN tranny than any other 200-4R ever made. Same valve body, governor, everything. Guess that goes to show even a "guy with 20 years experience building trannies" can be wrong. He seemed to laugh at what Bruce had to say and any of the literature I presented in court. If only a GN tranny expert lived closer and could teach these clowns something about a GN tranny.

If you need a notorized copy of my version of the Strengthening the 2004r, it can be arranged. He laughed huh? Well, goes to show you, there are some out there that do not "really" know what to do.
Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

As an afterthought, you should have brought in a AC/DELCO parts cataloge. There are 43 different part #'s for the valve bodies and 12 for govenors. Well, lets see.... What would that tell you? LOL To have had that parts cataloge from GM would have been worth it's weight in gold. THERE IS THE PROOF!
Well, day late and dollar short, story of my life.:rolleyes:

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com[/url ]