You can type here any text you want

Need header cracks welded in Tampa Bay, can anyone help?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
I am finally in the last stages of getting my motor back together and (hopefully) running for the first time in a year or more. I've done so much work on the dang thing, it'd be a shame not to weld up the cracks in my headers especially since they're already off the car. My best friends brother was going to do this for me, but his prop repair shop just went bust and he had to sell off a lot of his equipment (including his welding rig) to pay debtors.

This project has already taken a lot more than I budgeted for it in unexpected expenses (like discovering I had a melted piston, etc.) so I don't think I can really swing paying a welding shop to do it, especially considering its something that isn't "necessary" in the sense that the car will run and drive pretty normally without fixing it.

Is there anyone in the Tampa Bay area (I'm in NE St. Pete) with a welding rig that could help out a fellow turbo buick owner and weld up my header cracks? They're nothing horrible, just the standard cracks where some of the primaries come together. If you name the time and place, I'll come to you with the headers and a case of the beer of your choice as payment :biggrin:

If not, can anyone recommend a place in the area that can do this for me, at a reasonable price (whatever that might be)?

Thanks for the help guys!

Anyone? I know I'm asking for a favor, I'd be willing to make it worth your while, either some money, or beer or something else you can come up with. I just don't think I'd be able to afford to have a shop somewhere weld it up. Maybe I'm wrong though, any idea on what a welding shop or exhaust shop or something would charge for this? I'd even appreciate any recommendations on places to call about this. I'd really like to get these welded up while I have them off, I keep hearing about how much exhaust leaks can affect our cars, I just need to figure out how to get these taken care of.

any suggestions/help is appreciated, thanks!

Im in Orlando and my buddy has fixed a couple for me. He was a fabricator but he has a tig and puts a gusset in as well. Does good work.

Any idea what he'd charge me? How should I get in touch with him? Feel free to send me a PM if you'd rather not make his number/e-mail public.

Back