Need help from tranny guru's

SloNoMo

Went to the track today...At the lights, I didn't boost just a little power brake and I'm off to the races..I think I had a little 1-2 flare shift, checked T-link and got a little knock about 5.4kr...after that the car ran pretty good. It was a little shake down run...After the run I go and pick up my time slip and she won't shift out of first gear!!!! WTF!! I thinking maybe I'm going to slow to shift, because I was going down the return lane.....But something doesn't feel right I should have shifted,it always does...Checked the tranny fluid,it was fine...No leaking from trans....In order for it to shift I have to lift from the gas pedal.....other than that the car runs fine and shifts hard!!!!Every thing was fine until I made that pass!!!!! Anybody have any suggestions or comments that might help figure out this problem???? Check the linkage underneath car and everything looked to be fine....

This made for an early day at the track, and I'm not to happy about this.......Thanks

Mack

Hi Mack!

Sorry to hear about your trans troubles. What track was this? and how did you run? :)

That was the SAME problem I had with my DRW trans except I was pulling out of the driveway and going about 20 mph down the street. The only thing was it would never get out of 1st regardless of what I did. Luckily it was under warranty and he never gave me a direct answer of what he changed. He said "Oh, I resurfaced the drum, but everything looked ok" :rolleyes:

Needless to say, the trans was never the same after that.

I think the problem lies in the band, but I'd double check with some of the other trans gurus. Lemme know if you need a hand with anything :D

Whats up Dave??

I went up to Fontana-Calif Speedway on Saturday.....I thought the run was pretty decent, and it didn't feel to bad except I think the 1-2 shift flaired for some reason.......Boost around 19-20psi,,I ran a 12.90@108mph still have no idea what I hurt in the tranny tho'.......Take a closer look on Monday and let you know!!

Thanks,
Mack
Originally posted by WUTSAV8
Hi Mack!

Sorry to hear about your trans troubles. What track was this? and how did you run? :)

That was the SAME problem I had with my DRW trans except I was pulling out of the driveway and going about 20 mph down the street. The only thing was it would never get out of 1st regardless of what I did. Luckily it was under warranty and he never gave me a direct answer of what he changed. He said "Oh, I resurfaced the drum, but everything looked ok" :rolleyes:

Needless to say, the trans was never the same after that.

I think the problem lies in the band, but I'd double check with some of the other trans gurus. Lemme know if you need a hand with anything :D

Anybody else with any suggestions or comments???

Thanks,
Mack
Originally posted by SloNoMo
Went to the track today...At the lights, I didn't boost just a little power brake and I'm off to the races..I think I had a little 1-2 flare shift, checked T-link and got a little knock about 5.4kr...after that the car ran pretty good. It was a little shake down run...After the run I go and pick up my time slip and she won't shift out of first gear!!!! WTF!! I thinking maybe I'm going to slow to shift, because I was going down the return lane.....But something doesn't feel right I should have shifted,it always does...Checked the tranny fluid,it was fine...No leaking from trans....In order for it to shift I have to lift from the gas pedal.....other than that the car runs fine and shifts hard!!!!Every thing was fine until I made that pass!!!!! Anybody have any suggestions or comments that might help figure out this problem???? Check the linkage underneath car and everything looked to be fine....

This made for an early day at the track, and I'm not to happy about this.......Thanks

Mack

Re: Re: Need help from tranny guru's

Nobody can help me with this problem???[
QUOTE]Originally posted by SloNoMo
Anybody else with any suggestions or comments???

Thanks,
Mack
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.......but would it still shift if the gov spring was broken?? Guess I just need to pull the pan, first time dealing with a trans

Thanks,
Mack
Originally posted by 77 cruiser
Wonder if it lost the gov. spring, pull pan and check.

Jim

Prolly a governer spring.

Larry (The gold 86)'s car threw one after stalling after a burn out

I made the run, had to letup to shift (but it still ran 11.80@117 on that run :D)

Thanks guys!!!

Just talked to Don Wang, and he says its prolly the gov. spring might have popped out......Will make that long ride to Santee on wednesday morning....he also says he can modify it so it won't pop out again, takes about 1 hour to do......Hope this is the problem

Thanks again;)
Mack

P.S. will let you know the final outcome

Re: Thanks guys!!!

Thanks to all who replied!!!

You guys were correct!! Took the 2 hour ride out to Don's place, spring replaced with new mod.....new filter and fluid....Made the ride home very pleasant!!

Thanks,
Mack
Just returned from the 2 hour journey and the
Originally posted by SloNoMo
Just talked to Don Wang, and he says its prolly the gov. spring might have popped out......Will make that long ride to Santee on wednesday morning....he also says he can modify it so it won't pop out again, takes about 1 hour to do......Hope this is the problem

Thanks again;)
Mack

P.S. will let you know the final outcome
:D