You can type here any text you want

need help!keep getting a sputter after wot

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BIGPSI

boost is set at 15lbs,O2 reading was at 800,0.0 knock. after wot i got a little pop, and got to a stop sign and idle is surging . it did this a couple days ago and i unpluged cam sensor and it quit, so i reset the cam sensor with the cam tool,put in a fresh set of plugs and she was good as new. oh yeah i pulled a little fuel and some timing,timing is about 15 degrees on my TT chip. now it did it again. Eric said my injectors were to small so he set my duty cycle at 100% in higher rpm's. do you think my injectors are locking up? look at my sig for combo,thanks any help would be great..

boost is set at 15lbs,O2 reading was at 800,0.0 knock. after wot i got a little pop, and got to a stop sign and idle is surging . it did this a couple days ago and i unpluged cam sensor and it quit, so i reset the cam sensor with the cam tool,put in a fresh set of plugs and she was good as new. oh yeah i pulled a little fuel and some timing,timing is about 15 degrees on my TT chip. now it did it again. Eric said my injectors were to small so he set my duty cycle at 100% in higher rpm's. do you think my injectors are locking up? look at my sig for combo,thanks any help would be great..
is it anything like mine. can you further explain the sputter. it is not mentioned in there.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...86499-boost-flutter-wot-along-sputtering.html

just read yours. mine runs good and clean during WOT,no boost flutter or surging. mine does it after i get out of it. so i just pulled the cam sensor and it all looked ok,so i re installed the cam sensor and re set it and it runs fine. btw mine only sputtered of idle. once past idle in higher rpms it seems ok. runs fine now but i'm not going to get on it till i try my buddys other chip thats not set up for 100% duty cycle.

well it did it again.left the cruise in got on it,ran good but as i got out of it she poped. then it bucked and let out a back fire. i pulled over, unpluged the cam sensor and it ran fine. so i limped it home got to the garage and shut it off. plugged cam sensor in to start it and pull in the garage and it wouldn't stay running. i'm going to check out the fuel system real good. do you think the fuel pump is going bad? it's a walbro 340,but it's about 8yrs old. oh yeah it is hotwired. going to check all conections and fuel pressure while driving it.

i drove it easy because i new some thing is wrong. get home plug the cam sensor in and it runs like crap. with it unpluged its in batchfire which dumps alot of fuel,so that leads me to believe it's fuel related.

problem found!! the little tab on the bottom of the reluctor ring under the cap was broken off. must have been spinng every time it saw WOT. replaced it with another one i had and i'll install tomorrow,and test drive. i'll let you guys know how she runs.

problem is solved,for now! now i hope nothing else happens . she runs fine,just need to get my tune dialed in . thanks guys for all your help.

Back