You can type here any text you want

Need help on tuning issues Miami

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

I have a 86 Gn with a pte54, v2 front mount, th downpipe, atr exhaust, 42.5 lb injectors, upper intake doghouse upgrade, rjc plate, 3500 -3800 stall converter, tranny by tranny tech (Ivan), red armstron street 93 chip, dual fan set up. upgraded pump and fpr

I need a tech that can help me make this car run right again. It is running 38 psi of fuel pressure, and when fully floored the car pops after 14 psi. I noticed that my fuel pressure at 14 psi is about 62 psi, and when i try to boost it more, like 17 psi , the poping gets worse and the fuel pressure is about 70 psi. I really feel like this car has alot of potential but I need to get it to run good at 16-17 psi. can any one suggest anything or any tech around?

help

Freddie not sure of his board name. I heard of his business before in south florida.

im actually not worried about tuning at this time, i the car developed a rod noise, and i was checkig the flexplate and converter bolts , found that its ok, but the flexplate has forward and backward play, about an 1/8 of an inch or so. i have been told that the engine is now garbage????

im actually not worried about tuning at this time, i the car developed a rod noise, and i was checkig the flexplate and converter bolts , found that its ok, but the flexplate has forward and backward play, about an 1/8 of an inch or so. i have been told that the engine is now garbage????

i would'nt say it's garbage until you have it checked out, a spun rod ( if thats what it is ?) does'nt mean the end of the motors life. take time and take it to freddy he's an honest mechanic he'll tell you what it is and provide you some options . what type of knock is it ? only when you step on the gas?

its a constant nock, gets quiter when i rev but still there. An old school gm guy told me to take out the oil pan. look at the thurst bearing and crank, take out that cap, and if the crank looks good, he told me I may get away with putting in all new standars bearings in it for now. Till I get some money to run hard. He was also telling me how this 3.8 is poorly designed and if I want to run 10's I better be ready to spend money if I want to do it reliably. So we came to the conlcusion that I will try to find a buick v8 to keep it buick, if not then a 400 or 455 with a turbo , or a feasable chevy v8, cheaper to build, and more reliable from what he was telling me. We got online and quickly found carrillo rods for a 350 for 20 bucks each,lol lol. I will hope that I can get awaywith just bearings.

dude excuse me for saying but your friend may know cars but it's obvious to me that he does'nt know jack about our cars, spend alot of money to run fast :rolleyes: , you have guys with bearly $2500 in the car and their running 11:20's in the 1/4. there are plenty of ways to go fast. just get on the regular board and ask the guys on here ( not just the florida section.)

if you put say 009's-a walboro340-a chip -a K&N air filter and a adjustable fuel pressure reg- your pretty much running 12's for about so for $500 hundred bucks you got a pretty fast car. I'm sorry bud but i think your friend either does'nt like buicks or is just uneducated when it comes to our gn's
does he know this 109 block was desigend(?) for speeds over 200mph.?
don't change the motor that would be a huge mistake. build on what you got take it to freddy he most likely won't charge you anything to tell you what it could be.

dude excuse me for saying but your friend may know cars but it's obvious to me that he does'nt know jack about our cars, spend alot of money to run fast :rolleyes: , you have guys with bearly $2500 in the car and their running 11:20's in the 1/4. there are plenty of ways to go fast. just get on the regular board and ask the guys on here ( not just the florida section.)

well im sure technology has given gn's more efficient ways to upgrade. But he was reffering more to some one trying to gt to low 10's. He actually told me the engine was designed before the actual car came out, a while back, so the technology in the design is not the same which i think is obvious. We cant compare to 4 valve, 4 cam, v8's that are out now a days. I think he was just trying to be brutely honest. He actually has about 10 old asss turbo mags with all the gn talk back in the day. He has had gn powered cars before, i think a fiat and a mazda. But I would aggree, dollar per dollar, a turbo chevy v8 is more bang for the buck than to get a built v6, with the reliability. But im sticking to what I have , I have been calling Fred but no answer, I will try again today.Now adays , uhhhhh 12 aint fast in my opinion, actually mid 11' is acceptable i think, i had a 4 door , ac, leather, maxima running 12.2's with a gt 35 turbo, front mount and alky, so I would hope i can run low 11's in the GN. But i had 4 cams, 4 valves, way better heads, better intake, more effecient engine all round. so i cant compare. He told me that I need a lot of head work, strengthening of bottom end for 10's , like a biller crank, rods, pistons, heads, a monifold, so there alot of $$ in that compared to a chevy that you can get bad ass rods on ebay for like 120 bucks at times used in good shape, he loves the car, but hes been out of the game for a while. We made the maxima make power together, so I trust him. And whatever is not in the market, he usually makes, using his machine and welding experience. lol I am not going to do that to the gn, for that i would have bout a 1500 dollar mustang or something..and dropped in the chevy turbo v8

well im sure technology has given gn's more efficient ways to upgrade. But he was reffering more to some one trying to gt to low 10's. He actually told me the engine was designed before the actual car came out, a while back, so the technology in the design is not the same which i think is obvious. We cant compare to 4 valve, 4 cam, v8's that are out now a days. I think he was just trying to be brutely honest. He actually has about 10 old asss turbo mags with all the gn talk back in the day. He has had gn powered cars before, i think a fiat and a mazda. But I would aggree, dollar per dollar, a turbo chevy v8 is more bang for the buck than to get a built v6, with the reliability. But im sticking to what I have , I have been calling Fred but no answer, I will try again today.Now adays , uhhhhh 12 aint fast in my opinion, actually mid 11' is acceptable i think, i had a 4 door , ac, leather, maxima running 12.2's with a gt 35 turbo, front mount and alky, so I would hope i can run low 11's in the GN. But i had 4 cams, 4 valves, way better heads, better intake, more effecient engine all round. so i cant compare. He told me that I need a lot of head work, strengthening of bottom end for 10's , like a biller crank, rods, pistons, heads, a monifold, so there alot of $$ in that compared to a chevy that you can get bad ass rods on ebay for like 120 bucks at times used in good shape, he loves the car, but hes been out of the game for a while. We made the maxima make power together, so I trust him. And whatever is not in the market, he usually makes, using his machine and welding experience. lol I am not going to do that to the gn, for that i would have bout a 1500 dollar mustang or something..and dropped in the chevy turbo v8

cool. post pics when you can, yeah i called freddy and no answer but i called around noon so i know he probably went out, he has been working on my car ( dropping in the engine) I had a maxima also real nice cars. well hope your build up goes good:)

spoke to freddy, he wants me to fnd out excatly what converter and tranny set up the car has, to prevent any issues from killing another motor. The tranny was built by Ivan using a westcoast converter or tci. I spoke to Ivan and he told me that the converter that was used was not cheap, it was like 600 bucks , its a 8.5 inch non locking with a 3800 stall supposedly. But i will need to pull the converter out to be able to get the numbers and figure out excatly what it is. Then I want him to make sure that the tranny was set up for a non locking converter, to be sure there was no mix up, but Ivan told me he doesnt mess up like that ever, putting a non locking verter in a locking setup or vise versa. I have pics that Ill post (0:

These are a couple pics of the gn
PICT0148-1.jpg

New062.jpg

Back