You can type here any text you want

Need Help Please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn231

Money pit
Was driving home today and got down on it and car started smoking bad and oil is blowing out of the breathers from the valve covers has a loud clicking but not sure were from when I raised my hood had oil every were from the breather not sure if I hurt my motor or what can any one please help me thanks.

Was driving home today and got down on it and car started smoking bad and oil is blowing out of the breathers from the valve covers has a loud clicking but not sure were from when I raised my hood had oil every were from the breather not sure if I hurt my motor or what can any one please help me thanks.
sounds like a headgasket let go into the lifter valley

Keep seeing a little oil on the down pipe was this a indication it was letting go? Also would you do both heads?

If you just blew out a new head gasket. You need to find out why. Is the head not flat? Not torqued correctly? Block deck? Bad tune? Fist thing, pull the plugs. Leak down the cylinders. What do the plugs tell you? If you did blow out a Felpro, you'll want to drop the oil pan to clean out the pan and pick up tube screen. Let us know what you find.

Mike Barnard

The motor was rebuilt about 2 yrs ago and it was running good never really got down hard on it but my boost keep hitting 23 when it was set at 18 would climb then drop down to 18 not sure if this was what happened. Will look at the plugs today and let you know.

Should ,I use felpros head gaskets Mike? This is what was on the car not really that much understanding all the different head gaskets out there its just a basic block with nothing done to the head seating areas.

Pulled the plugs just look oil soaked, pulled valve covers nothing looks wrong in there.

The FelPro 1000 gaskets work just fine. Use ARP bolts if you are not already.

I don't see a good fuel pump and hot wire kit in your signature. That is a must.

Check to see if your injectors are flowing properly, flow test them. Are you sure 36s are big enough?

I have a customers car that did the same thing yours is doing.

Should I do a compression test or go ahead and pull the intake since it was blowing out exhaust through the breather when it was running?

You can do a compression check, that will tell you which cylinder popped but it's a tear down either way.

blowngasket001.jpg

Ok found the problem it blew between 1 and 3 cylinders you can see from the pics that the gasket is blown out in the valley area also not sure but there is a spot on the other side gasket in the same place but not blown out but has a cut spot from the looks of it.

Do both. There is no sure way to tell without taking the heads off. You may have popped the gasket between cylinders and you can't tell without removing the head.

No was going to add that looks like both sides went just removed driver side head it was getting ready to let go also has anyone blew both sides before? Heads look OK so does pistons and block thought the driver side was going to be easy but forgot about the big bracket for every thing hope I can get it back on.

Back