You can type here any text you want

Need help with AVC VDO dash

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Can someone who has one please tell me how long the tripometer reset button is. I would need to know the distance from the face of the speedo to the end where you put your fingers on.

if its the original 160mph mechanical driven speedometer its not a button , its a knob and needs to be spun to reset trip odometer.
the avc kit came with a black anodized shaft extender that was knurled at the end that extended past the dash bezel , the other end had a hole in it that slid over the metal sticking out of the speedometer glass and stayed put with a tiny recessed allen bolt
rough guess its 2.5" but id have to find and measure the one i have
on one i used a short piece of 3/16 brake tubing with the double flare end at the dash side (made for a smooth knob end) and a little epoxy in the other end to stick it to the speedometer shaft

Thank you. I have a 120mph speedo that is the same as the 160mph one you are talking about. Yes It does turn to reset. I am actually sending it out to get cleaned/lubed and have the glass taken off of it as I don't like the double glass look (gauge glass and dash plastic). I believe that the person refinishing it can make the reset knob any length I want. If there is any way you could measure it for me that would help. If not I might have to do what you did with the brake line.

Back