You can type here any text you want

Need help with ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

streetknight

DCVING
A friend just bought an 86' T Type. It looks like all the upgrades are about 10 years old or so. The car has a spun bearing so we can't see if it runs. My question is after looking the car over he found that the ECM had "ACCEL" on it. Is this an aftermarket ECM or what? I haven't seen it so I don't have any #'s or anything. I can get if need be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Is that good, or should he put a stock ecm back in it. It has 56lb siemens injectors are what the #'s go back to. I've never fooled with anything but a stock ecm and this is his first turbo car.

Thanks again

Originally posted by streetknight
Is that good, or should he put a stock ecm back in it. It has 56lb siemens injectors are what the #'s go back to. I've never fooled with anything but a stock ecm and this is his first turbo car.

You'll need a cable, the software, and laptop to be able to tune it. If you can find the bits for a good price then your onto something, but first you need to read up on using it, HP Books has a book on tuning the ACCEL EFI.
Assuming the ecm is good, and the engine runs OK with it.
I bought a Gen VI, and part of it was dead, and without the self diagnostics of the oem ecm they can be fun to deal with.

If he likes to fiddle, he can do his own tuning with the Accel, if not, then the stock one is the way to go with a good chip. I just installed a FAST in my T with a SBC turbo, and I'm getting alot of grey hair!!!!:D

Is this kinda of like a DFI or something? Sorry to be so ignorant on the subject, but my car just used a chip, so that's all I know.
The car looked like it had a boatload of stuff on it, like a frontmount IC, didn't recognize the turbo, adj boost control from inside the car, etc.

Back