You can type here any text you want

Need help with real rich GN Fast XFI 2.0

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
86 GN will not run well or idle, lots of blues rich smoke. Ran great last fall, left race fuel in tank. Was advised to have injectors cleaned
did not take injectors out yet, but rigged a fuel rail pressurized cleaning set up.
Found car runs and idles pretty good and will idle on cleaner only? Car still will not run when returned to fresh gas in tank stock set up.
Looks like it is being told to over fuel? Do WB02 die rich or lean ? What should I look for?
Thanks

They normally fail reading LEAN causing the computer to put excesive positive correction in

They normally fail reading LEAN causing the computer to put excesive positive correction in

I saw the 02 correction at neg. 5.5 . Anything else I should look for.

If it's taking fuel out, I would suspect the wbo2 is fine. You could verify by looking at your uego values. Try lowering your injector offset vs battery voltage table

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Id look at the plugs one by one and see if one or 2 has fouled, it will mess up things quite a bit.

That's one of the first things done, pull all the plugs and found all were evenly sooted. Put in a fresh set not sure of their condition with a couple of driveway starts.
Cal said to decrease the inj PW to battery volts, I did lower it some?? Only thing that is different is it will idle, ruff but and idle.
I attached a log file. I am sure someone can tell something from it.

Attachments

Your map sensor is not working, this is causing your grief, change it, check wiring etc. 2.7 psi at idle would nice in reality though.o_O

Norbs thanks for your input. I am working on the map problem. Might have more questions.

did the map fix it? I would have thought so.

Yes John the MAP did the trick. When Norbs told me to change the MAP sensor I put the stock 2 bar on off of my other car. Seem to work much better. I ordered a 3 bar and put it on last night.
I did not ask what was on the log file that showed the MAP was shot? Is that trace that looks like a teeth on a saw blade ?
Thanks again to Norbs and Cal for their help on this.

a 2bar??
did you reset the map sensor calibration in the XFI for the 2bar sensor
you do realize the 2bar cant follow the ve /af or timing table above 14.5psi
the 02 will keep fueling dispite the VE but it will keep it at the af table for 15psi which may not be rich enough if you run more boost
as well the timing table will stop at 15psi and usually there is more timing there than high boost can tolerate

The 2 bar was just a quick handy troubleshooting thing. Without the "stand in" map sensor and using the bad 3 bar the car would not hardly start or run. With the temporary the car started and idle pretty well. Knew Norbs was on the right track never doubted him

and no magic to what norbs saw . its right there infront of you on your log
MAP is at 120Kpa , this should be at 100 key on (0 psi) and drop to 40-50 kpa (in vaccum) at idle
and MAP psi (the conversion of the KPA reading) shows you are at 2.7 psi at idle.
and log shows it didnt move after it started
that doesnt look odd to you ?

what does your MAP Kpa read at key on now?

I put a 3 bar map sensor on last night, took off the temporary 2 bar. See above post with Eticket.
Thanks

Back