You can type here any text you want

need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

williambavila

William Avila (The Buick Guy)
my 87 gn was running fine just had a ticking noise i found my cam sensor was really loose(play).i am replacing the new one and the car will not fire i followed the instructions on gnttype.org and still will not fire its like the car is out of time wft i am working on it now can anyone help

Are you following the "alternative cam sensor procedure"?

For ease, this is the method I would choose.

yes i have tried all three.. Rotate the sensor full CLOCKWISE. The voltmeter should read 7.5+ volts. FULL does this mean all the way around i mean i am ****ing lost and getting frustrated i put a piace of tape in the balamcer like it said and installed new sensor then probe the blue wire with the ground on my meeter and the red to batterie then tighten down sensor as voltage drops.. and it just spits out the tb

well yes i have done it from compression stroke then from 180 out and everyplace in between. now the motors out of the car i think i flattened the cam or it jumped timing. i will know more tomorrow.

Back