Need info on GNX!

W

Wildone

I have alot of questions about GNX's where would I go to find this information out. I want to know technical stuff, like what seats did they have, what type of floor mats, did they have a GNX emblem on the horn. Where would I find this information.

Thanks in advance.

John Wilde

This should help www.gnttype.org Do a search on GNX. Also Kirban Performance has some materials relating to this. Look in 'recources' vendor list. You will find a phone # there.
Good Luck!

kirban and others sell the GNX book that tells the whole story of the car. At times someone is always selling the book on ebay.

That is a funny name thing.

Do a web search on the GNX. I even think that ASC/McL have some things "archived" or "referred" to on the web.

Originally posted by Wildone
I want to know technical stuff, like what seats did they have, what type of floor mats, did they have a GNX emblem on the horn. Where would I find this information.
Thanks in advance.
John Wilde

The GNX seats, floor mats, and horn button are exactly the same as a regular Grand National. What other information were you looking for?

Mike [:)

Hey John, its evan (from macomb).

Sorry I still havent been able to hook up with you. I was stuck in that class meeting until 12 the other night. This weekend perhaps? Ill give ya a ring!

Later man - Evan

PS... your mustang is pretty sweet... for a mustang! LOL. How did the carpet look after it was done??

Thanks for the responses guys. Stickybones, I could not pull up the website you listed. Do you have another link?

Mkazigian, that is half the problem, I have a T-Type and as Datsunboy will attest to there are not a lot of GN to look at. My T-type has a T on the horn rim, my car did not come with floormats, nor have I seen any original GN's. I know what the seats look like from all the cars or e-bay. Any info would be appreciated.

John Wilde, I don't know if we are related or not, I have some family that I know of in the San Fran area, but that is all I know of. It has caused a few problems though. I ordered some gaskets from a vendor a while back and apparently we shop at the same place and they mailed them to you. So I now have to refer to myself and the Illinois John Wilde. Just a funny story I thought you might like.

Evan, not a problem. This weekend is really jam packed, we have two parties to go to Saturday night, and a dinner club on Sunday. I will be in Macomb Saturday morning for the car show at Hy-Vee, if you are sure you will be there, I will bring whatever you want to buy with me.

GNX548, I just bought the book you are talking of from a gentleman on GNTTYPE.org, I was sending the money out today, hopefully that helps. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks again guys.

Originally posted by Wildone
Mkazigian, that is half the problem, I have a T-Type and as Datsunboy will attest to there are not a lot of GN to look at. My T-type has a T on the horn rim, my car did not come with floormats, nor have I seen any original GN's. I know what the seats look like from all the cars or e-bay. Any info would be appreciated.

OK, now I get it. Check out buickGNX.com for an explanation of what is different on the GNX, then on the bottom of that page, check out the web rings for more sites with Grand Nationals. Between those resources, you should get the idea.

Depending on how serious you are, I Kirban Performance sells books that are pretty detailed.

Hope that helps.

Mike [:)

John, Ill try to catch you today sometime. When is the car show etc? I wouldnt mind stopping out to have a quick look around.

Ill probabally be working at jareds this weekend, but if i can tear myself away I will make it to the show. Datsun is not even ready for show yet, so expect to see a rusty GN LOL.

Thanks man - Evan

BTW.. if you need to look in my car for any other GN related stuff, let me know. I cant gaurantee its stock, but close at least!