You can type here any text you want

Need New Cam!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

InHock

Ok, I have read all the post on the roller lifters[moral] and I will for sure put those in my car.Just pulled my motor down and the comp cam and lifters are shot. My question is, Anyone using the revelotion cams that full throttle sells?I dont know if I should run the comp cam/moral lifters.I have been pleased with the performance of the cam [210-210] but I need a new cam asap and would like a little bigger one and the comp cams is 2-3 weeks out. Thanks

Need Help Asap!

I have read back thru most of the pages in the engine section and everyone is iust using numbers for the canshafts. My car had a 210-210 comp cam and it is a roller,and I want to go back with a roller setup. I just purchased a set of iron heads from champion,alky injection,scanmaster,intercooler and a new radiator. I get my motor apart and now I have found the cam lobes are eat up and my lifters are the same way and my turbo has alot of shaft movement[up and down and in and out] and I want to buy a new turbo also.So someone PLEASE tell me what cam I can get ASAP and what turbo to use with it. O, also got a 3000 stall ptc to.THANKS

No complaints with my 210-215 Roller from Full Throttle. I know a few guys that run FT Roller cams without issues. Make sure you get cutom made proper length pushrods & dont buy the pre cut ones he sell IMO.

Thanks for helping me out. If you change to a different cam and lifters can I not still use my same pushrods?

Ok first things first what was shot on your roller setup? Ive had these last a long time without failure. Reading you sig i find it hard to rec any more than a 206 @112 lobe separation and preferably 114. You dont have enough head flow and converter to b e faster with more cam. You will need to check the pushrod length. You may or may not need to run a different length. Depends on the base circle of the cam

Thanks bison for your help. I posted above the new stuff I have just bought to do this build and I thought I got the right parts.My cam was eat up on the lobes with pits in it and on the edges some chuncks of metal were gone up to where the lifters ride.I had a broke valve spring on #1 cylinder and it makes me wonder if the setup was wrong to start with.After reading all the trouble with the comp cams and their lifters I dont really want to go that way again.If you think I should stay with about the same cam grind let me know.Thanks again.

Thanks bison for your help. I posted above the new stuff I have just bought to do this build and I thought I got the right parts.My cam was eat up on the lobes with pits in it and on the edges some chuncks of metal were gone up to where the lifters ride.I had a broke valve spring on #1 cylinder and it makes me wonder if the setup was wrong to start with.After reading all the trouble with the comp cams and their lifters I dont really want to go that way again.If you think I should stay with about the same cam grind let me know.Thanks again.

Im certain the lifter was bouncing off the lobe and hammering the hell out of it and the roller tip. Ive seen it before. The engine usually wont rev for crap either. Not the lifters fault. The problem with Comp lifters is debris on the lifter under the plunger causing the plunger to stick. Metal gone form the side may be from another adjacent lifter hitting the next lobe over. Id go with a smaller cam than you had.

It's my understanding the Xtreme cams that FTS sells are Comp Cams custom grinds for FTS. At least my hydraulic Xtreme is a Comp Custom. You need to investigate why your previous cam failed. I dont know your skill level, knowledge, parts used, etc. etc. but I would proceed with caution. Please don't just slap another cam in. Cam failure such as yours will send material into the motor and it sounds like your are going to need a complete tear, down and rebuild to ensure all the metal material has been removed.

SS-Sean I do have the motor out and completly torn down. I do need some direction to go on the cam and lifters.What grind are you running?I hope I get other members input on this because that is why I am so addicted to this site!! Everyone has helped me alot and has answered almost all of my questions and I sure dont want to go thru this again. My motor is stock bore and the crank is standard and did have some metal in the pan.Thanks

SS-Sean I do have the motor out and completly torn down. I do need some direction to go on the cam and lifters.What grind are you running?I hope I get other members input on this because that is why I am so addicted to this site!! Everyone has helped me alot and has answered almost all of my questions and I sure dont want to go thru this again. My motor is stock bore and the crank is standard and did have some metal in the pan.Thanks

Ive used Comp 941 springs with both style comp roller lifters and had zero problems with cam wear. Billet and ductile cams

Back