You can type here any text you want

Need opinions on these parts for TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIK6

UNDER PRESSURE!!!
Hello all! I posted this in the General Buick section as well, but I wanted to get as much input as possible. My goal is to have the power to run 122-125+ mph in the 1/4 mile. ET is not a primary concern because too many hard launches will trash the rearend. After researching, here is what I came up with:

1) 3.5" MAF, T+, and Extender chip
2) John Craig TE45A turbo
3) Add big neck to TTA intercooler? (not enough ground clearance for 'stretch'?)
4) RJC 'Power Plate'
5) 208/208 flat tappet cam (stock cam may be wiping a lobe)
6) Hotwired 340M pump
7) MSD 50# FI's
8) TH 3" downpipe w/ dump
9) PI 'Vigilante' LU T/C ('0' pump/single disk)

Let me hear some comments/opinions on these parts.
Thanks!

:D

Not so much to say...... must be way over 125 with that setup.

Ex: I have stock injectors, 62mm throttle body, 3 inch down pipe and a Thrasher 108 strip chip with race gas..... runs 122mph not tuned in.

Good luck!

Originally posted by The Swede
Not so much to say...... must be way over 125 with that setup.

Ex: I have stock injectors, 62mm throttle body, 3 inch down pipe and a Thrasher 108 strip chip with race gas..... runs 122mph not tuned in.

Good luck!

Are you saying that your car runs 122mph in the 1/4 mile on the stock injectors??:confused:

Again, I am looking for a combo that will push 122-125 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks

Originally posted by 1KWIK6
Are you saying that your car runs 122mph in the 1/4 mile on the stock injectors??:confused:

Again, I am looking for a combo that will push 122-125 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks

Sure man, that's right..... 122mph with stock injectors, could even been higher since i launched with 0 psi and idle since i'm having big problems with overheated/steamlock in the IC.

And i haven't tuned the engine with any program..... engine is way to rich. Have Turbolink but haven't used it yet.....

Looks like i'm gonna order a Scanmaster for my GN since the engine is a liitle tuned ......

I just got back from the track today running 120-121mph all day.

1. Don't have. Mine is still stock with a Thrasher 92 with SMC alky kit. But I'm probably going to "upgrade" to that fairly soon.
2. PT51
3. Stock intercooler with screen still attached!
4. Have that
5. 210/205 cam
6. Have that
7. Have that
8. Have that
9. Vigilante multi disc 32-3400 stall

Rob

Originally posted by TTA 1387
I just got back from the track today running 120-121mph all day.

1. Don't have. Mine is still stock with a Thrasher 92 with SMC alky kit. But I'm probably going to "upgrade" to that fairly soon.
2. PT51
3. Stock intercooler with screen still attached!
4. Have that
5. 210/205 cam
6. Have that
7. Have that
8. Have that
9. Vigilante multi disc 32-3400 stall

Rob

That's very encouraging! A few questions for you, Rob.

1) Is your last name Crissafulli?
2) Just out of curiousity...what ET's did you get and with what tires?
3) How does a PT51 compare to a TA61?
4) Where did you get a Thrasher chip burned for 50# FI's?
5) Did you run those numbers on pump gas/alky?
6) Do you know which 'pump' is in your T/C (4,0,6)?

TIA!:D

Originally posted by 1KWIK6
That's very encouraging! A few questions for you, Rob.

1) Is your last name Crissafulli?
2) Just out of curiousity...what ET's did you get and with what tires?
3) How does a PT51 compare to a TA61?
4) Where did you get a Thrasher chip burned for 50# FI's?
5) Did you run those numbers on pump gas/alky?
6) Do you know which 'pump' is in your T/C (4,0,6)?

TIA!:D
1. Nope but I live around the corner from them.
2. ETs weren't that good. 11.82 was a best on my Nittos. I couldn't build to much boost as the brakes couldn't hold the car at the line.
3. ? I've only had stock and the PT51
4. Bought it from some on this message board. He had one and went to bigger injectors.
5. 93 octane and denatured alcohol...with a little WD40 for pump lube.
6. 5 disc

I went 120 MPH on stock injectors and alky! Anyhow the combo looks good except for 1 item, the PI converter. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra $$$ and get the multi-disc so you can lock it up under WOT conditions and pick up a few MPH; won't last long locking it with the single disc...trust me there.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
I went 120 MPH on stock injectors and alky! Anyhow the combo looks good except for 1 item, the PI converter. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra $$$ and get the multi-disc so you can lock it up under WOT conditions and pick up a few MPH; won't last long locking it with the single disc...trust me there.

Joe,

What other mods did you have to run 120mph w/ stock FI's? Also, I'm leaning towards Bruce's 9/11 T/C due to user feedback.

Thanks.

I had the 2800 9/11 before going to the Vig. If I had it to do all over again, I would have just went straight to the Vig.

Rob

Same combo as Rob..cept stock cam.

ET is below..I need to move up north..cars are way faster there..

Ya also missed a couple..throwing mods on a car doesnt always make it faster.

Rob C went 132 with a stock neck IC..probably had the screen removed.

Originally posted by Razor
Same combo as Rob..cept stock cam.

ET is below..I need to move up north..cars are way faster there..

Ya also missed a couple..throwing mods on a car doesnt always make it faster.

Rob C went 132 with a stock neck IC..probably had the screen removed.

Razor,

I hear you. I live in the South also. We get 10 months of heat and humidity sprinkled with 2 months of decent race weather:rolleyes:. I hear that you are familiar with my car...I bought it from Wes in Bristol, TN.

Personally I don't care for the 9/11, I sold my PI for the 9/11 and wish I never had. My short times went to crap...I had to leave with a lot more boost to equal the same short times as with the PI.

As for my combo when I went 120 with OE injectors, i had the alky on high, hotwired Walbro 340, 2.5" ATR DP, powerplate, stretch IC, and cat removed. Since switching to 50's I've yet to duplicate that MPH, but it's comming:)

Really nice car..congrats on your purchase. I saw that car at Bristol last year..Almost as nice as mine..hehe.. just kidding :)
BTW..I bought my car from a guy Wes knew in Blountsville, TN..couple miles away from Wes's house. So I know bout driving a car 800 miles south.

Get acquainted with the car and its performance..learn to drive it and tune for zero knock..when ya get there..start on the mods..Wes had that car running real strong for what it was/is..When you get consistent..then start modding.Until then..read and read..for a couple months.

Seen way to many modded cars that run 14's..Any questions..hollar..

I got to keep my fellow TTA bretheren in check..to many guys banging on my 11.622 door :)

Julio

Thanks Julio. -BTW- Do you know which pump is in your Vigilante T/C? If not, is there any way that you can get the part number that you ordered?

Thanks!:cool:

Actually I dont run a PI..I use a ProTorque 12 inch converter..I got it for a song..thats why i'm using it. It sells for 395 from Protorque in NJ fwiw. So far so good..its been in my car since last June..

On a stock motor you dont want a lot of TQ conv..becuase your cam runs out of steam..so a big turbo on a stock cam..problem..ya have to weigh your variables..and drivability..Put a bigger cam in..bigger turbo,injectors..get the power up to 600 flywheel..then the reliability issue sets in.

Small cam, small turbo, small converter(matched)..live a long happy life driving the car. If ya like turning wrenches frequently..build a motor.

All of these suffer when you bring the power band up.

I'm happy with my consistent mid-high 11 second car..but thats me..it has lived a long time at this level. When you start going faster things dont last as long. Not many regular 10 second GN's about..

ya ya I know..I have a cousin who has a friend that his GN runs..bla bla bla..but not at the track week in week out..as much as I go to the track..All I ever see are 13-14 GN's and only see 10-11 second ones at events..

Back